Photo

TI-PONG 2018 - NEW OLD SCHOOL PONG GAME FOR TI-99!

8 replies to this topic

#1 gekido_ken OFFLINE  

gekido_ken

Space Invader

• 23 posts

Posted Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:37 PM

Hi guys!
I am again present with another gift to use in the time of clipping with your friend or "playmate".
This is an "old school" version for TI-99 / 4A of Pong, the Atari game developed in 1972 designed for two players.

The aim of the game is simple, drive your racket in repelling the ball against the opponent's side of the field.

A point is awarded to the player who manages to throw the ball over the opposing goal.

The winner of the first two players gets 15 points.

I have not set the possibility to choose the level of difficulty as I have adopted a system of progressive angulation of the ball, so that it has a natural angular relaunch, leaving the players to increase in this way the difficulty of the game, for the opponent and For themselves!

Release the game in BIN format so you can load it in cartridge format and make it appear in the chosen menu of the TI-99.

The rackets are moved from the keyboard, as in the most historic Homemade Pong, which mounted the paddle directly on the console.

However, I intend to implement the use of the joysticks.

In the end it is nothing special, a small contribution to me in tribute to Pong, of which there is no real official conversion for TI-99.

HAVE YOU FUN!!

tipong-1.jpg

tipong-2.jpg

tipong-3.jpg

Attached File  TI-PONG.BIN   17.02KB   35 downloads

#2 Shift838 OFFLINE  

Shift838

River Patroller

• 2,419 posts
  • SHIFT838

Posted Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:45 PM

I invested many hours on t his game on the Atari!

#3 Vorticon OFFLINE  

Vorticon

River Patroller

• 3,327 posts

Posted Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:14 AM

This is the type of game where implementing the original TI double joysticks makes perfect sense instead of crowding at the already small keyboard. Something to consider.

#4 S1500 OFFLINE  

S1500

River Patroller

• 4,744 posts

Posted Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:35 AM

Thank you for actually showing screenshots of your work. It's so uncommon in TI homebrew threads.

#5 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

HexaCoreRunner

• 12,852 posts

Posted Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:36 AM

This is the type of game where implementing the original TI double joysticks makes perfect sense instead of crowding at the already small keyboard. Something to consider.

Yes, for a two player game... however I kind of like the keyboard too as I was able to play myself with both hands.  

#6 gekido_ken OFFLINE  

gekido_ken

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 23 posts

Posted Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:22 AM

In fact, as already mentioned, I intend to implement the use of joysticks.

Thank you for actually showing screenshots of your work. It's so uncommon in TI homebrew threads.

Even the eye wants its part. I'm glad that my little contribution is appreciated.

Yes, for a two player game... however I kind of like the keyboard too as I was able to play myself with both hands.  

As already written the game was designed as a replica of the pong, strictly two-player, together with the concept of the old TV-pong consoles, where the paddles were integrated to it.

#7 Sinphaltimus OFFLINE  

Sinphaltimus

River Patroller

• 2,514 posts
  • Distracted at the Keyboard

Posted Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:18 AM

,..... I was able to play myself with both hands.  

TMI

#8 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

HexaCoreRunner

• 12,852 posts

Posted Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:28 AM

TMI

Need some soap for your mind?  ;) HA!

It never occurred to me when posting that message that it might be misconstrued. 

For the record:  Playing the VIDEO GAME (both positions, with both hands an the same time)... NOT playing WITH myself!

#9 OLD CS1 OFFLINE  

OLD CS1

Technomancer

• 5,576 posts
  • Technology Samurai

Posted Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:40 AM

TMI

Right. Here I thought I was brilliant for only needing one hand.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users