IGNORED

Best place to get a composite-modded 7800

Karl G

I'm looking to pick up a composite-modded 7800 at some point, but I wanted to get advice on where to go to get something that is in good shape with a well-done mod. My first thought was Best Electronics, but it doesn't look like they have any in stock.

Are there any ebay sellers that you trust? Or should I post my request in the marketplace forum? I thought of doing that first, but I wanted to see if I could get some advice on what to look for or avoid from those who may know.

There are several different composite mod kits available for the 2600 and 7800 systems. However, the general concensus is that AtariAge member Bryan's UAV board is the current best solution for composite and s-video output added to an Atari system.

So my advise is fine a 7800 that is in the condition you want it in since that is quite subjective. You have collectors that want the pristine system for show and occasional play. You have the retro gamers who want a nice working system, with some wear and love shown on it as a daily playing system.

So, once you get the 7800 you want, then it is a matter of asking to get it modded or getting the UAV kit and installing it yourself.

After doing a few of these for myself and others, the results of the UAV are honestly outstanding.

• Like 1

Well, in an ideal world, I could get both at the same time, but if that's not a reasonable option, I would be willing to get one first, and get the mod afterwards. That would leave me with the question as to where to get a good base unit? My interest is in how well it functions, and I don't care about it being absolutely perfect on the outside, etc.