Photo

How about selling roms of discontinued games?

ColecoVision CollectorVIsion

4 replies to this topic

#1 jblenkle OFFLINE  

jblenkle

River Patroller

• 4,490 posts

Posted Wed May 2, 2018 12:51 PM

Considering the number of games marked as "discontinued" or "only a few left" on CollectorVision's web page...perhaps CollectorVision should consider selling roms of these games at a reasonable price so people who missed out on buying the cartridges can enjoy the games via emulation or on the AtariMax Ultimate SD Cart.

I, for one, considering the vast number of ColecoVision games that are coming out these days, can't always afford to buy many of the cartridges when they are released.

As such, are we to be forever excluded from obtaining or playing these games?  It really makes no sense whatsoever to deny ColecoVision fans access to discontinued cartridge games.

#2 retroillucid ONLINE  

retroillucid

Facebook.com/Collectorvision

• 7,567 posts
  • CollectorVision Games - Publishing Homebrew

Posted Wed May 2, 2018 3:21 PM

Considering the number of games marked as "discontinued" or "only a few left" on CollectorVision's web page...perhaps CollectorVision should consider selling roms of these games at a reasonable price so people who missed out on buying the cartridges can enjoy the games via emulation or on the AtariMax Ultimate SD Cart.

I, for one, considering the vast number of ColecoVision games that are coming out these days, can't always afford to buy many of the cartridges when they are released.

As such, are we to be forever excluded from obtaining or playing these games?  It really makes no sense whatsoever to deny ColecoVision fans access to discontinued cartridge games.

Yeah, I'm thinking about this since awhile now.... 

I'm just not sure yet on how to manage all this
Paypal payment, Patreon etc... 

Any good ideas on how to manage this?

#3 jblenkle OFFLINE  

jblenkle

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 4,490 posts

Posted Wed May 2, 2018 4:00 PM

Well, it's been awhile since I've messed with selling things using PayPal (sports photos I had taken), but I used to have a page where you clicked on a link for the photo and size you wanted and it added it to your PayPal cart. It was amazingly easy to set up.

You could set up something similar so people could click on the link for the game they wanted and once you receive confirmation they've paid, you just email them the rom.

I believe it was under the heading of "Merchant Services" on the PayPal page.

Or sell them the same way you sell the actual physical game.

Thanks for considering this!!!

#4 Swami OFFLINE  

Swami

Stargunner

• 1,413 posts

Posted Sun May 13, 2018 2:16 PM

Sell carts in atariage store?

#5 MrBeefy OFFLINE  

MrBeefy

Dragonstomper

• 776 posts

Posted Wed May 16, 2018 12:06 AM

Sell carts in atariage store?

There might even be a digital purchase part to the store. It isnt being used right now but i think its there.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ColecoVision, CollectorVIsion

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users