IGNORED

Got lucky on eBay! My "new" Tandyvision

After a thorough clean out and scrub down. Looking like her old self again.

I gambled on this one. It had a poor description and the usual "not sure if it works" included. I've been looking for a good unit for years and finally got one. Works great, no issues. Aside from the heavy dust and dirt that was on it, looks barely used. $34!

Every now and then you can score big on eBay if you don't mind scrubbing and like to gamble a little.

post-21138-0-97720300-1525361314_thumb.jpg

post-21138-0-14964000-1525361524_thumb.jpg

post-21138-0-39026000-1525361599_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

Nice score! I love my Tandyvision. Just test it before you scrub it. I once bought one (Tandyvision One) and was so excited to get it cleaned up that I basically detailed it before testing. Shined up real nice, which really complimented the black screen :P. That said, I believe it's repairable, but haven't attempted it yet. IIRC it's a pretty low SN too.

I got my Sears unit from a family in Bensalem after posting a want add app on a BBS (this was way before the Internet was available). My little app used the special 160x100x16 CGA mode to put up a replica of the Poker & Blackjack screen, with text and my phone # below. They said it wasn't working, but I decided to take a risk. Turned out, once I got it home, looking at the mainboard showed that someone had apparently spilled coffee on it. A little cleaning later, it was working just fine.

Edited by JohnPCAE
  • Like 1

Thanks! I agree.... now that I can appreciate it close up, it really is a nice looking unit...in a late 70's early 80's way. LOL! I'm still partial to the Sears unit as that's the unit I owned when I was a kid, but the style of the Tandy is way more nostalgic and living room ready.

On a side note, yesterday I received my 1st Sunnyvale built Heavy Sixer as well. I went with the Sears Tele-games Video Arcade version as I wanted to match my Sears Intellivision. This one was a total basket case, and was DOA. But again, as we love to do.. I tore it down to the shell... a little TLC, some scrubbing an polishing and di-electric grease on all the contacts, and bam! ... looks like it did back in the day with some normal age wear and works great! Got it for $38. The original Sunnyvale built Heavy Sixers (even the Sears units) sell for well over $100 in good shape. So I'm really happy... plus the fact that it's from 1977 is really sweet!

I do have a Colecovision as well... but as much as I like it, it doesn't give me the warm fuzzies like the old Intellivision and Atari does.

Getting these old units come to back to life and look clean is a lot of fun. Not quite like restoring an old car, but ya know what.. still as much fun for our purposes.

:grin: :grin:

Here's my little 'Sears' display in my office area.

The Sears Inty was converted into a Retropie unit (hence the two USB ports in the front) and is the primary use item. The Heavy Sixer is there to complement the Inty, but works great and can be hooked up if I want to.

Gotta love the matching wood grain on all the Sears stuff... LOL.

JR

PS.. I have no idea why all the pics from my phone keep posting side-ways.. sorry.

post-21138-0-28003900-1525476233_thumb.jpg

post-21138-0-76869300-1525476311_thumb.jpg

Edited by IMBerzerk
  • Like 4

Those look really nice!

Not Sears, but here's my Intellivision, Atari, Colecovision console setup:

http://atariage.com/forums/gallery/image/6881-consoles/

http://atariage.com/forums/gallery/image/6877-main-game-collection/

Pics are a little outdated, but you get the idea.

Surprising lack of nudity in those pics. ?