IGNORED

SCART-Genie 9640 PRE-ORDER NOW!

Shift838

SCART-Genie 9640 Pre-order NOW!

Get your order in and reserve yours today!

*** PCB's and parts will not be ordered until June 5, 2018. ***

Hook your Geneve 9640 to a SCART enabled monitor with no soldering!

All units will be hand assembled and tested before shipping on a real Geneve 9640 and SCART monitor.

Check out the video of the unit in action... HERE

Currently accepting PayPal at my below store.

https://shift838.fwscart.com

I have opted not to sell the cables but provide links to where I get them as the cables are heavy and will cause shipping to be more expensive, especially overseas. The links are in my description on the store. This will allow to keep cost down as these cables are sold everywhere online.

post-35187-0-80839900-1525497854_thumb.jpg

post-35187-0-29476500-1525497860_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shift838
  • Like 3

SCART-Genie 9640 Pre-order NOW!

Get your order in and reserve yours today!

*** PCB's and parts will not be ordered until June 5, 2018. ***

Hook your Geneve 9640 to a SCART enabled monitor with no soldering!

All units will be hand assembled and tested before shipping on a real Geneve 9640 and SCART monitor.

Check out the video of the unit in action... HERE

Currently accepting PayPal at my below store.

https://shift838.fwscart.com

I have opted not to sell the cables but provide links to where I get them as the cables are heavy and will cause shipping to be more expensive, especially overseas. The links are in my description on the store. This will allow to keep cost down as these cables are sold everywhere online.

Any other way to pay besides PayPal?

Any other way to pay besides PayPal?

not currently online. I can work something out privately PM me for different payment methods. Money order, etc...

as long as I have it before June 5 it will work for the order.

i got some more of the SCART sockets in today so I can start building a few boards and get them out with the ones I have from the first order.

I will be building and testing probably this weekend

So if you ordered, watch your email.

• Like 3

Got this batch built. Will wait to order more boards when the pre-order is up.

All Pre-order users watch your emails. I'll be filling based on first order sequence.

My wife even built 2 of them!

All tested...

post-35187-0-65382000-1526674791_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I have not seen any monitors at Frys.com that support SCART.

There is a list of compatible monitors. I know the Samsung 910mp and the 711mp work very well.

If you have an HDMI monitor (I have a nice AOC ) and my SCART to HDMI upscaler works nice with it.

I used one very similar to that one by Elephas and it works good. I have only found the Elephas on ebay in the UK though, and the first one never arrived. I also tried one by TNP I purchased off Amazon and it worked good too (before I dropped it, then no worky at all). I have not tried the CiBest one. I did try to replace the TNP with one made by ELUTANG that I bought of amazon and that one did not work well.

So I think it's dependent on how good the components are inside. I did open the TNP and the ELUTANG and as far as the board and placement of the components they were identical.

many different manufactures make these things. I think if you stick with a $35 and over you probably have a better chance of quality.

Chris,

I got time today to pull the old Geneve monitor out and replace it with a 21" widescreen today using the two cables mentioned and the SCART to HDMI converter I referenced in another thread. All looks and works well.

Would love it if someone produces a 3D case for the card!!! Hint hint for someone!

Anyways, all is well, and the image quality looks great. I have not attached speakers yet which will be the next step when I get time.

​Beery

• Like 2

Chris,

I got time today to pull the old Geneve monitor out and replace it with a 21" widescreen today using the two cables mentioned and the SCART to HDMI converter I referenced in another thread. All looks and works well.

Would love it if someone produces a 3D case for the card!!! Hint hint for someone!

Anyways, all is well, and the image quality looks great. I have not attached speakers yet which will be the next step when I get time.

​Beery

Great to hear Beery..

• Like 1