Photo

Stunt Car Racer - Competition

75 replies to this topic

#26 killersquirel OFFLINE  

killersquirel

Dragonstomper

• 685 posts

Posted Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:51 AM

Ok, I got my skunk working. I have family visiting soon, but I will try to find some time to get some stunt car racing in. 

#27 Stage_1_Boss OFFLINE  

Stage_1_Boss

Dragonstomper

• 847 posts

Posted Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:02 PM

I don't have a UBS cable that's appropriate for this Skunkboard anywhere in my house lol.. Gonna have to go buy one tomorrow.  If I can figure out loading roms on this badboy, I'll be giving it a go this weekend. = )

#28 JagChris OFFLINE  

JagChris

River Patroller

• 3,465 posts

Posted Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:44 PM

Dollar tree sells them and they seem to work as well as the ten dollar ones

#29 Gaztee OFFLINE  

Gaztee

Stargunner

• 1,703 posts

Posted Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:59 AM

So the manual has arrived :)
DSC_0876.JPG

#30 UHATEIT OFFLINE  

UHATEIT

Moonsweeper

• 434 posts

Posted Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:21 AM

That's fucking gorgeous. I wish I was good at this game and could win the prize!

#31 Stage_1_Boss OFFLINE  

Stage_1_Boss

Dragonstomper

• 847 posts

Posted Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:09 AM

Alright.. after finding out my PS3 USB cable works just fine for my Skunk, and then messily stumbling my way through installing my Skunk, including having to disable driver signing for Win10.. I got it up and running!

med_gallery_14503_2120_566213.jpg

#32 Stage_1_Boss OFFLINE  

Stage_1_Boss

Dragonstomper

• 847 posts

Posted Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:26 AM

One small step, maybe.. But hell yeah, this game's fun!

med_gallery_14503_2120_522273.jpg

med_gallery_14503_2120_935455.jpg

#33 Stage_1_Boss OFFLINE  

Stage_1_Boss

Dragonstomper

• 847 posts

Posted Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:10 AM

Haven't figured out why yet, but the few times I've had to power down and restart my Jaguar, it takes me a few tries of sending to Jaguar from Jiffi, might be a loose connection?  Not sure, back at it though!

#34 Stage_1_Boss OFFLINE  

Stage_1_Boss

Dragonstomper

• 847 posts

Posted Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:21 PM

Day 2: .. ..Dude, those division 3 tracks, I'm getting murdered out there.  I can clear Stepping Stones maybe one to two laps, but I can't seem to finish lol

#35 Stage_1_Boss OFFLINE  

Stage_1_Boss

Dragonstomper

• 847 posts

Posted Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:58 PM

I may or may not be figuring it out, Stepping Stones conquered!

med_gallery_14503_2120_564749.jpg

#36 Stage_1_Boss OFFLINE  

Stage_1_Boss

Dragonstomper

• 847 posts

Posted Sun Jul 1, 2018 1:11 AM

My Skunk froze on me in Division 2. = ( I'll try again after a bit, High Jump is a rough course.

#37 Stage_1_Boss OFFLINE  

Stage_1_Boss

Dragonstomper

• 847 posts

Posted Sun Jul 1, 2018 3:16 AM

I was going to edit my post above but I forgot my subscription ran out!  It looks like the couple of times I've froze up is when colliding with the other player during a jump.  I can get through Div. 4 easy now and usually do okay on Div. 3 now, can't tackle a single course on Div. 2 yet lol

#38 CyranoJ OFFLINE  

CyranoJ

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,333 posts
  • RAPTOR in LOCAL

Posted Sun Jul 1, 2018 3:45 AM

I was going to edit my post above but I forgot my subscription ran out!  It looks like the couple of times I've froze up is when colliding with the other player during a jump.  I can get through Div. 4 easy now and usually do okay on Div. 3 now, can't tackle a single course on Div. 2 yet lol

I'll see if I can replicate this - any tips for making it happen?

#39 Stage_1_Boss OFFLINE  

Stage_1_Boss

Dragonstomper

• 847 posts

Posted Sun Jul 1, 2018 4:50 AM

I'll see if I can replicate this - any tips for making it happen?

It seems like dumb luck for me, I just happen to be right beside or behind the other player before a jump and hit boost, end up taking damage while jumping and that's what seems to do it for me.  Also, is there anything that can be placed in to quit practice mode without finishing the laps or wrecking?  I just landed my car in a ridiculous position where I'm just on my tail facing the sky against a ramp I think and I can't move anymore lol.. I was practicing for Div 2 taking that jump while on Div 2 and I think I have to start over again by just switching the power off. lol

med_gallery_14503_2120_587841.jpg

#40 Stage_1_Boss OFFLINE  

Stage_1_Boss

Dragonstomper

• 847 posts

Posted Sun Jul 1, 2018 4:51 AM

By the way, even though it's crazy hard at times, this game is still one of the most fun things I've played on my Jaguar!

#41 CyranoJ OFFLINE  

CyranoJ

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,333 posts
  • RAPTOR in LOCAL

Posted Sun Jul 1, 2018 6:50 AM

I've added *# for quit, and removed some possibly erroneous code. I'll update the post with the ROM in it once Albert allows me to edit it.

Still can't replicate the lock up though, but thanks for the heads up.  Does it hard-lock or is sound, etc still working?

#42 Stage_1_Boss OFFLINE  

Stage_1_Boss

Dragonstomper

• 847 posts

Posted Sun Jul 1, 2018 7:34 AM

I've added *# for quit, and removed some possibly erroneous code. I'll update the post with the ROM in it once Albert allows me to edit it.

Still can't replicate the lock up though, but thanks for the heads up.  Does it hard-lock or is sound, etc still working?

In the times it happened for me there was a slight repeating sound, like the damage sound or something, but the time I was facing upwards there was just nothin', my car slowly came to a stop and I couldn't rev anymore lol

#43 CyranoJ OFFLINE  

CyranoJ

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,333 posts
  • RAPTOR in LOCAL

Posted Sun Jul 1, 2018 7:38 AM

In the times it happened for me there was a slight repeating sound, like the damage sound or something, but the time I was facing upwards there was just nothin', my car slowly came to a stop and I couldn't rev anymore lol

Ah that makes sense. Sometimes you can land 'off road' and not be 100% damaged and so can't re-spawn. The *# patch should fix this :)

#44 CyranoJ OFFLINE  

CyranoJ

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,333 posts
  • RAPTOR in LOCAL

Posted Sun Jul 1, 2018 3:57 PM

Here it is

#45 Stage_1_Boss OFFLINE  

Stage_1_Boss

Dragonstomper

• 847 posts

Posted Sun Jul 1, 2018 11:15 PM

Aweswome, thank you CJ! = ) Everything seems fine for me now, and I have no idea why I was calling it Stunt Car Driver in my pics, I guess I was tired lol.. Anyhow, finally broke into Division I but with full chassis damage lol.. Time to try practicing these last few tracks!

med_gallery_14503_2120_377749.jpg

#46 Stage_1_Boss OFFLINE  

Stage_1_Boss

Dragonstomper

• 847 posts

Posted Mon Jul 2, 2018 12:25 AM

Gonna have to give it a go later, I got destroyed and sent back a ways.. lol, you can practice those tracks all you'd like but driving safe sure won't win you that race.

#47 CyranoJ OFFLINE  

CyranoJ

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,333 posts
  • RAPTOR in LOCAL

Posted Mon Jul 2, 2018 12:56 AM

Gonna have to give it a go later, I got destroyed and sent back a ways.. lol, you can practice those tracks all you'd like but driving safe sure won't win you that race.

"I know I'm going too fast and will wipe out but if I don't go faster I won't catch the CPU car"  *RAGE* :D

*Just one more go*

#48 Stage_1_Boss OFFLINE  

Stage_1_Boss

Dragonstomper

• 847 posts

Posted Mon Jul 2, 2018 2:56 AM

"I know I'm going too fast and will wipe out but if I don't go faster I won't catch the CPU car"  *RAGE* :D

*Just one more go*

Yeah lol, when you realize you gotta be gunning that track to have a shot at beating the CPU and then deciding, 'do I take a chance with the draw bridge? .. nope, shouldn't have done that..' lol

#49 Stage_1_Boss OFFLINE  

Stage_1_Boss

Dragonstomper

• 847 posts

Posted Mon Jul 2, 2018 5:58 AM

I really tried to get this conquered this weekend but it didn't happen, might be able to put a bit of time into it over the week, not sure.  Good luck to anyone else giving this a shot. = )

#50 Stage_1_Boss OFFLINE  

Stage_1_Boss

Dragonstomper

• 847 posts

Posted Fri Jul 6, 2018 4:39 AM

Alright, birthday weekend comin' up, should have time to try again!  We'll see if I can still even make it to Div / Season 2 lol

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users