Are there any playing tips for BC II? I can't get into that game because it's so damn hard! You have to go fast and have lightning reflexes or Grog will win because you took too long.

BTW If you really like BC II the ADAM version has two extra mountains in it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that the comics live on through the grandchildren and their spouses, so the rights don't seem to have been transferred to some anonymous IP hoarder.

No we know who who hoarders are. I really hate this mentality of I am the great grand son's illegitimate great grand son so pay me'z money for happy birthday shit

I had this on C64... loved the shit out of it... couldn't believe that such an obscure license was used. Obscure to me at least... BC comics were only printed in the newspaper!

Seeing a BC game was like seeing a Hi & Lois game!!!

I play(ed) and love both games on the Commodore 64. The first game is on my wish-list of games I want to port to the TI-99/4A if I ever have the time and can switch my brain back from consumption to production.

• 1 year later...
On 5/7/2018 at 8:48 PM, 7800Lover said:

Anyone here remember the 1983 game B.C.'s Quest for Tires? Based on the comic strip B.C. by Johnny Hart (1931-2007), this is basically a clone of Moon Patrol. You play the character of Thor from the B.C. comic strip (not the Marvel comics character), who rides on a stone wheel dodging obstacles on a quest to rescue the Cute Chick.

bcs_quest_for_tires_3.gif

I played the port of Colecovision. It was also ported to the Atari 800, Apple II, MSX and Commodore 64.

It was a fun game. Given its similarity to Moon Patrol, I'm surprised that it never got a port to other platforms like the Atari 2600, 5200 or 7800. (Cue to homebrew developers out there!)

Anyone else play this game?

maybe a section or so resembles moon patrol in a slight way...but come on!! ducking and hopping, crossing lakes by jumping turtles, avoiding getting clubbed, going into tunnels, getting carried by a bird, jumping a pond, avoiding stuff falling on arc and angles, re-uniting with the love of your life.... so not Moon Patrol. Perhaps the people saying such limited thoughts on the game didn't actually play the game thru... much more going on and the game makes sense. Enjoyable game!

• 3 years later...