Photo

MiniWriter 3 cart (with novel, integrated parallel interface)

58 replies to this topic

#51 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

Quadrunner

• 5,212 posts

Posted Tue Feb 5, 2019 6:56 PM

More features in the program. It then evolved into Wordwriter, Wordwriter Extra and Beyond Wordwriter--and there was apparently a Wordwriter II in the works, but it never saw the light of day.

#52 Flottmann1 OFFLINE  

Flottmann1

Chopper Commander

• 145 posts

Posted Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:44 AM

the 2 Roms from the Miniwriter 3+  27C128 Eprom (Bank switching)

Attached Files

Edited by Flottmann1, Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:51 AM.

• acadiel , ti99iuc , arcadeshopper and 4 others like this

#53 acadiel OFFLINE  

acadiel

Stargunner

• 1,499 posts
  • www.hexbus.com

Posted Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:07 AM

the 2 Roms from the Miniwriter 3+  27C128 Eprom (Bank switching)

Awesome, thanks for dumping the EPROM.

I need to get my regular 3 (no plus) dumped as well. Be curious what all the differences between these are.

#54 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

Quadrunner

• 5,212 posts

Posted Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:46 PM

Usually, the plus variants added the Parallel Port, but were otherwise identical to the regular version. . .but the labels often got completely mixed up, so that wasn't always a true statement.

#55 Opry99er OFFLINE  

Opry99er

Quadrunner

• 10,679 posts

Posted Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:25 PM

Flottman, I've watched that video probably 10 times. Seeing Jon's success has inspired me as well. I need one of these carts with the parallel edge. :D Willing to buy or trade. :)

Who has an extra?

#56 acadiel OFFLINE  

acadiel

Stargunner

• 1,499 posts
  • www.hexbus.com

Posted Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:14 PM

Usually, the plus variants added the Parallel Port, but were otherwise identical to the regular version. . .but the labels often got completely mixed up, so that wasn't always a true statement.

The boards are slightly different. Both have an edge card connector in front. Not sure yet if the binaries for the rom are the same or not.

#57 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

Quadrunner

• 5,212 posts

Posted Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:10 PM

Note that yours may also have the version 1.0 Miniwriter III+ code. That would also go far towards explaining two different cards with edge connectors, especially as the dumped version identifies itself as V2.0 on the EPROM--and the schematic I have fits the board you have, not the V2.0 board.

#58 InsaneMultitasker OFFLINE  

InsaneMultitasker

River Patroller

• 2,394 posts

Posted Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:17 PM

The folder that -should- have contained WordWriter/MiniWriter source is empty but I found a nearly complete set of code from which this excerpt was copied.  I'll have a look through my disks another day, on the off-chance I still have the originals.

Finally had a chance to look through my files.  There were snippets of MiniWriter source but nowhere near complete.

I did find source to Sorgan, Desktop Publisher, 4ATalk (Qtem), and a few others.   I don't know if anyone is around to OK their release;  I came across them from another TI'er long, long ago. Anyone have thoughts on this?

#59 retroclouds OFFLINE  

retroclouds

Stargunner

• 1,693 posts

Posted Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:42 AM

Finally had a chance to look through my files.  There were snippets of MiniWriter source but nowhere near complete.

I did find source to Sorgan, Desktop Publisher, 4ATalk (Qtem), and a few others.   I don't know if anyone is around to OK their release;  I came across them from another TI'er long, long ago. Anyone have thoughts on this?

To be honest, I am for releasing all source code so that it can be preserved for history, more than anything else really.
This is for a system that is now 40 years old. Tend to agree that for new homebrew software for the Ti-99/4a it is up to the author to decide how to deal with it.
  • acadiel , arcadeshopper and RickyDean like this

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users