FOR SALE: Amiga 2000 fully loaded - $525 SHIPPED! ***SOLD!***

36 replies to this topic

#1 eightbit OFFLINE  

eightbit

River Patroller

• 3,236 posts

Posted Wed May 9, 2018 4:31 PM

My personal Amiga 2000 setup for sale. Here is what it includes:

1. Amiga 2000 computer, extra clean, fully functional. Clock battery removed (no damage)
2. Gotek floppy emulator in custom 3D printed case to fit the odd size floppy bay, painted the same color as the Amiga
3. One standard A2000 floppy drive in the machine
4. One SCSI CD-ROM drive installed (set up and working in Workbench, connected to the internal SCSI card)
5. GVP Impact A2000-HC+8 Series II SCSI card
6. SCSI2SD V5 card mounted and connected to the internal SCSI card. Has ClassicWB 2.1 installed and set up on a microSD
7. Amiga 2000 A2620 68020 @ 14 MHz CPU accelerator (can swap back to the stock 68000 with an early boot menu)
8. DBK MegaChip 2MB Chipram Upgrade
9. 8MB Fastram (4MB Commodore card, 2MB on the SCSI card, 2MB on the A2620)
10. Fan in PSU upgraded from the old noisy thing to a silent and cool Noctua fan
11. Additional audio connectors for the internal CD ROM drive mounted in rear
12. Amiga COCOLINO PS/2 mouse adapter with Commodore PS/2 mouse
13. Amiga PS/2 keyboard adapter with vintage Dell mechanical PS/2 keyboard (nice Amiga 2000 badge applied over the dell
logo to make it more "official". This is the keyboard the original SHOULD have been!)
14. A few AmiNET CD-ROM's
15. WiModem232 (version without the screen) and custom 3D printed heavy duty dark brown case (Terminal is installed in
WB as well, get on BBS's out of the box)
16. A set of nice old school Gateway speakers that match the color of the Amiga and sound great
17. Very nice hard type Amiga mouse mat

$525 for the whole thing, paypal payment via F&F (or pay the fees). You will NEED a 15Khz VGA display or original Amiga monitor in order to obtain video. The price covers shipping in the lower 48 states. It is one heck of a machine and I invested a LOT of time into this getting it just right. This one is hard to let go, but I have to do it. PM if you want it!

***SOLD!!***

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0285.JPG
  • IMG_0286.JPG
  • IMG_0288.JPG
  • IMG_0289.JPG
  • IMG_0290.JPG
  • IMG_0291.JPG
  • IMG_0293.JPG
  • IMG_0295.JPG
  • IMG_0296.JPG
  • IMG_0297.JPG
  • IMG_0298.JPG
  • IMG_0299.JPG
  • IMG_0301.JPG
  • IMG_0302.JPG
  • IMG_0303.JPG
  • IMG_0305.JPG
  • IMG_0273.JPG
  • IMG_0274.JPG
  • IMG_0275.JPG
  • IMG_0276.JPG
  • IMG_0279.JPG
  • IMG_0282.JPG

Edited by eightbit, Yesterday, 9:02 PM.

#2 c0op3r OFFLINE  

c0op3r

Chopper Commander

• 116 posts

Posted Thu May 10, 2018 8:57 AM

If you decide to break it up I am interested in the Indivision ECS Scan Doubler

#3 eightbit OFFLINE  

eightbit

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,236 posts

Posted Thu May 10, 2018 12:35 PM

If you decide to break it up I am interested in the Indivision ECS Scan Doubler

I know a lot of people are ;) I may just break this up. I'll give it another day or so and see. The MegaChip however MUST go with the A2000 as it is the only Agnus chip I have (I sold the one that came out to replace with the MegaChip)

#4 eightbit OFFLINE  

eightbit

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,236 posts

Posted Thu May 10, 2018 6:26 PM

I have sold the ECS seperately and adjusting the price of the Amiga to $700 now. 

#5 eightbit OFFLINE  

eightbit

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,236 posts

Posted Sat May 12, 2018 7:51 PM

Now accepting offers on everything else. The Amiga, keyboard, mouse, keyboard and mouse adapter and MegaChip need to stay together however as I the computer cannot be gutted to a point of non-functionality :)

#6 eightbit OFFLINE  

eightbit

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,236 posts

Posted Tue May 22, 2018 9:37 PM

Bump. Entire Amiga 2000 setup now $650 shipped. This also includes a RGB to VGA adapter (you will still need a 15Khz ready display)

#7 eightbit OFFLINE  

eightbit

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,236 posts

Posted Wed May 30, 2018 6:41 PM

Bump again. $600 shipped takes the whole Amiga setup. All you will need is a display. Everything is set up and ready to go. I really don't want to part this out. Someone take this!

#8 rpiguy9907 OFFLINE  

rpiguy9907

Chopper Commander

• 143 posts

Posted Mon Jun 4, 2018 8:07 AM

Do you know what Rev motherboard is in the A2000?

#9 eightbit OFFLINE  

eightbit

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,236 posts

Posted Mon Jun 4, 2018 12:36 PM

Do you know what Rev motherboard is in the A2000?

It is Rev 6.2 as far as I recall.

#10 Starwander OFFLINE  

Starwander

Space Invader

• 15 posts

Posted Mon Jun 4, 2018 7:39 PM

PM sent

#11 eightbit OFFLINE  

eightbit

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,236 posts

Posted Mon Jun 4, 2018 9:20 PM

Still available (minus the stricken out items). Not to be a sourpuss, but I will not accept anything other than F&F payment for this if you are a new AA member with no feedback or credentials (ie: if you just became a member a month ago). I wish everything could be like it was two decades ago, but we unfortunately live in a day and age in which the internet is filled with scammers and I need to know you and have dealt with you in order to sell this large ticket item outside of the F&F realm. Again, I really hate to be that way but I refuse to put myself in a position in which I get scammed out of my hard earned and years collected hardware.

If anyone has any doubt about my credibility you can view my feedback thread (link in my sig) as well as speak to the hundreds (or maybe thousands) of folks I have had dealings with here on AA. 

All that said, I will be getting extensive pictures of this system up over the weekend if possible. 

#12 Malichite OFFLINE  

Malichite

Combat Commando

• 6 posts

Posted Tue Jun 5, 2018 7:52 PM

Declaring interest and PM sent.

-Malichite

#13 eightbit OFFLINE  

eightbit

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,236 posts

Posted Tue Jun 5, 2018 8:47 PM

Declaring interest and PM sent.

-Malichite

PM replied and many pictures will be coming this weekend sometime. Friday is my 43rd b-day so I would say to expect those pictures on Sunday ;)

#14 eightbit OFFLINE  

eightbit

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,236 posts

Posted Wed Jun 6, 2018 11:19 AM

Ok, we'll I have had four people with less than 10 posts here on AA tell me that they want this set but absolutely refuse to pay for it via F&F. I understand your concern but you must also understand mine. I will revis slightly what I said previously. If I do not know you or have never dealt with you in the past expect to pay using f&f, bottom line. I have been selling high ticket items on here for around a decade and I think my feedback and reputation speaks enough to say that I am not trying to ruin it by stealing your money on one sale ;)

All that said, I will be takin the Amiga down and opening it tonight to finally add pictures to this thread. It is my final vintage computer and one I gave the most love for quite a long time. Hope to see it go to a good home soon!

#15 Malichite OFFLINE  

Malichite

Combat Commando

• 6 posts

Posted Wed Jun 6, 2018 11:41 AM

Interest rescinded.  Best of luck.

#16 Keatah OFFLINE  

Keatah

Missile Commander

• 20,568 posts

Posted Wed Jun 6, 2018 12:02 PM

Maybe you shouldn't sell your one fav rig?

#17 spacecadet OFFLINE  

spacecadet

River Patroller

• 2,705 posts

Posted Wed Jun 6, 2018 2:30 PM

I don't know if I ever wrote in the feedback thread but I can vouch for eightbit too. I wouldn't have any problem doing F&F if I were buying this.

#18 OLD CS1 OFFLINE  

OLD CS1

Quadrunner

• 5,227 posts
  • Technology Samurai

Posted Wed Jun 6, 2018 3:43 PM

The reason why they do not want to pay F&F is because PayPal offers no buyer protection that way.

PayPal used to prohibit F&F for any kind of transaction which included product or service.  That language is no longer in the PayPal user agreement.  I have spoken with PayPal reps twice now to confirm and they could not find such language, either.

I know it sucks if you want to sell something as you will get charged a fee (around 2.9%, I believe) but on the up-side: also missing is language which prevents you from charging an extra fee for paying via PayPal.

#19 Osgeld OFFLINE  

Osgeld

Quadrunner

• 5,216 posts

Posted Wed Jun 6, 2018 5:12 PM

well it works both ways FF also prevents joe day one buying something pricey and before it even hits the door file a dispute so I get both sides

I would totally buy this but btw 8bit is great to work with, its just not in the budget anytime soon 

#20 eightbit OFFLINE  

eightbit

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,236 posts

Posted Wed Jun 6, 2018 6:10 PM

Thanks for the kind words guys. Anyhow, pics are up (in the first post of this thread). I did not want to remove the PSU caddy to show the MegaChip as everything is so nice and snug now (and I tried to get a pic of underneath the cage but you can see how that worked out) so you will just have to trust me that it is under there ;)

The keyboard is one of the few vintage keyboards that is actually all mechanical. It was sold with old vintage Dell PC's at one point. Hard to get in non yellowed condition and beats the heck out of the original Amiga 2000 keyboard. I got rid of the original keyboard after acquiring this as it is night and day to type on. If you buy this you will see what I mean! The mouse is new old Commodore stock and you can see the mouse adapter included. The WiModem232 has a nice custom case and a PSU.

The SCSI2SD has a 32GB SD card installed but it is partitioned to 4GB. I was never able to get the Amiga to reliably use more. But, it is more than enough and is loaded with Workbench 2.1 running Green Amiga Alien Edition. The kickstart on this machine is kickstart 2.05 with SCSI support obviously. The kickstart was special ordered from Vesalia as I wanted the color palette of GAAE to look the way it should ;)

There is a 64GB low profile Sandisk USB in front with a ton of stuff to use the Gotek with as well. The original floppy drive works perfectly, and I will include the original front plate in case you want to remove the SCSI CD drive for some reason. The CD drive is also new old stock and should have many years to go on it before any failure. AsimCDFS is installed and the drive works perfectly for both data and CD audio, and if I am to understand correctly can play CDTV titles...but I do not have any so I haven't tried.

I forgot pics of the Gateway speakers...but they are speakers...whatever. I think most people will have an idea what those look like!

And, as one member who PMed me thought I may be some hacker who hacked into eightbit's account to steal money and finds my listing very fishy, here's one more picture of the unit with a Southern Catch Sardine package on top. They are quite delicious actually and a good source of Omega-3. I prefer them in sunflower oil but they do make mustard and spring water variants amongst others.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0306.JPG

Edited by eightbit, Wed Jun 6, 2018 7:49 PM.

#21 amiman99 OFFLINE  

amiman99

Stargunner

• 1,121 posts

Posted Wed Jun 6, 2018 9:18 PM

I don't know..., it looks definitely fishy to me.

#22 OLD CS1 OFFLINE  

OLD CS1

Quadrunner

• 5,227 posts
  • Technology Samurai

Posted Wed Jun 6, 2018 9:25 PM

I don't know..., it looks definitely fishy to me.

8bit is a solid guy but I bet his breath is quite fishy.

#23 eightbit OFFLINE  

eightbit

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,236 posts

Posted Wed Jun 6, 2018 9:41 PM

8bit is a solid guy but I bet his breath is quite fishy.

Well...yeah....for a short period of time at least. I am an avid tooth brusher. Especially after a serving of sardines!

#24 OLD CS1 OFFLINE  

OLD CS1

Quadrunner

• 5,227 posts
  • Technology Samurai

Posted Wed Jun 6, 2018 10:38 PM

Well...yeah....for a short period of time at least. I am an avid tooth brusher. Especially after a serving of sardines!

I am a fan of pickled onions, myself, so I understand fully.

#25 eightbit OFFLINE  

eightbit

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,236 posts

Posted Thu Jun 7, 2018 6:54 AM

I think I may have pointed this out but the GVP SCSI card in here actually has 8MB on it, but I set the jumpers to read only 2MB. There is a reason for this. The accelerator has 2MB of zip ram that is soldered to the board. Zorro bus rules on the Amiga 2000 allow a maximum of 8MB. I tried using only 6MB of ram on the SCSI card and 2MB on the accelerator, but it would not boot. I later found that the A2620 accelerator has a compatibility issue with the SCSI card in which the ram on the SCSI card cannot be more than 2MB or it will not boot.

Strange compatibility issue, but I ended up using 2MB of ram on the SCSI card combined with the 2MB on the accelerator (which worked fine) and then 4MB of ram on the commodore ram card...for a total of 8MB. All ram is detected properly and works properly. 8MB of fast and 2MB of chip (via the megachip). Just figured I'd point that out in case someone wonders why the GVP card has 8MB installed but is only using 2MB of it :)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users