Please vote in the poll if you think we should have an ADAM specific sub-forum!
There are pros and cons to this, but I welcome any feedback from the community. The decision will be yours!
EDIT: I will add the information I posted below to this original post...
While I am personally not going to vote in this because I am also on the fence about it, here is some of my thoughts and additional data points:
- Following up from Albert's data point below on the 687 threads with ADAM in the title, I went back 6 months and only 17 of those threads were specific to ADAM.
- PRO: An ADAM sub-forum gives ADAM users a place where they don't have to weed through non-ADAM related topics to easily contribute to discussions.
- CON: Someone who is into ColecoVision and "casually" into ADAM may miss certain discussion because one more forum to have to read is... well.. one more forum to have to read.
- IMO Only ADAM specific threads should go into the ADAM forum. If it mentions "ColecoVision" or is a cross-over in anyway, it should stay in the ColecoVision forum.
For example, these are recent threads that would be candidates for an ADAM forum:
These are recent threads that crossover into both categories and should stay in the ColecoVision forum:
- What about people who only own an Expansion Module #3? Would the new forum only be for topics relating to stand-alone ADAMs or would it include topics for the ColecoVision expansion module?
- What about Development posts? The ColecoVision programming forum is a great resource to those who are homebrewing or programming on any of the Coleco machines. Should those ADAM specific posts, like this one for example: http://atariage.com/...mming-question/be split into a new ADAM forum or stay in the ColecoVision Programming forum?
Arguably, the ADAM is considered by most outsiders (aficionados aside) as an extension of the ColecoVision which the Expansion Module #3 literally is. The above is not necessarily my personal opinions one way or the other, but just some information to think about before we go splintering into another sub-forum. Would that actually help or hurt the ADAM community? As I said before, the decision is completely yours!