IGNORED

Found another cable maker for us.

acadiel

That's great news! Can you run over there real quick for me? Are they open at 2AM? Are you even up?? Helllooo!! :D

Coincidentally, last week I came across a male sidecar connector by pcd, just like the one on my 36" PEB extender. Maybe mine works being so long is because I have the ribbon folded in half lengthwise. Not intentionally, just the way it all worked out over time. Being a one piece crimp connector with no insert mini-card and gold-plated, it should be more reliable. Except one end's snap connector has failed. Which a dab of epoxy or superglue should fix once assembled.

So, go back to bed, I've got mine. :P

That's quite the connector site, BTW.

-Ed

• Like 2

They are all the same company. Even the model numbers are the same -IEC, Hello Cables and Cable Depot are identical - the side splitters don't usually work whereas Jim's circuit boards do work. Besides they are double the price as Hello Cables.

Edited by atrax27407
  • Like 2

I just talked to the folks over at IEC. I found out an interesting tidbit that I didn't know, but which makes a lot of sense now: they started out as a company supporting the TI-99/4A. The owner once worked for TI and started his business to repair calculators and to sell joystick adapters and other cables to the TI market. How's that for an interesting tidbit. They also used to use TI-99/4A systems as their primary business computer systems. . .so it is a good thing that we still bounce back to them, as they've been supporting us for a looooooonnnnngggg time! :)

• Like 4