IGNORED

Secretum Labyrinth Dark Castles Work in progress 05/11/2018

peteym5

LOL! I've probably watched about a hundred thousand videos on the Internet over the years, and never once has it ever even occurred to me to adjust the speed of a video I'm watching. Play, Pause...the only controls I ever use. icon_dunce.gif

I use the playback speed in youtube videos a lot. In my classroom I teach kids to play along with the instructional video on their recorders or other schoolinstruments. It is pretty handy to be able to slow down (or speed up) the movie.

• Like 1

One would have to spend four times as long watching the video in order to view it at a quarter of the normal speed, which is something no-one has the time or inclination to do, believe me.

Quite honestly, I didn't even watch more than ten seconds of it and saw that it looked pretty much identical to the other Secretum games, and the "forest" he spoke of was just green walls made of sort of tree looking icons, and I quit watching because it's the same as the other two games I played too much while reviewing them last year. Haven't touched them since. I was actually excited at first, because Pete had mentioned way back when that the third in the series was going to have new graphics more like Temple of Asphai trilogy re-release had...then I was disappointed to see the same old, same old and stopped watching. I have no interest in seeing more at normal speed even.

What a ridiculous accusation. It's always an accusation with you. You really think that it takes 25% playback speed to hear a skip in music for some of us? Every time I think you are coming around, I read a post like this and just think why bother.

Actually, it is harder to hear the music gap on a slower speed. On a very slow speed, you'll hear the silence, but you won't recognize it as a gap, since you do not experience the pulse in the music.

• Like 1

Actually, it is harder to hear the music gap on a slower speed. On a very slow speed, you'll hear the silence, but you won't recognize it as a gap, since you do not experience the pulse in the music.

But then we can't be accused of:

• Being pirates (no disks for you)
  • Being nitpicky (seeing a glitch on transition, hearing a sound glitch on transition)

I will not have another Work-in-Progress video ready for another month. Will take some time to put more of this game together to show significant changes.

I just moved the JSR RMT_SILENCE, to after past a few other processes during the screen transition that may shorten any silence around 1/100th second. Different songs have different instruments, tempos, beats, etc, so it probably is not noticable on some chip-tunes. I am still considering a minor problem and not causing a crash. It is not a priority as I am still getting other parts of the game done right now.