IGNORED

Lord of the Dungeon - Game Manual Major Update - Looking for a Reviewer

Ikrananka

I have spent the past few months working on compiling what I hope will be the definitive manual for the game, Lord of the Dungeon. This is a major improvement over what has been available to date and is in a nice professional format for both viewing as a PDF and for printing as a booklet.

Why am I doing this? Well, the manual that was provided in the CollectorVision release of the game was based on the original game designer's draft manual that was made available at CGE back in 2002. Unfortunately, the CollectorVision manual omitted some significant parts of the CGE 2002 manual's content and so is very much incomplete. Separately, from around 2003 to 2006, CV Gus put together a much more detailed text manual for the game that he derived based on many long hours playing the game. He posted this on the Digital Press forums over those years as it evolved. My work has focused on compiling the information from these two sources together and eliminating any obvious gaps, errors and inconsistencies. I have also enhanced the content with more tables to summarise useful data.

CV Gus has kindly agreed to review the manual for me but I would also like someone else to review it, preferably someone who hasn't yet played the game but is seriously considering doing so. It may also be useful if that person is familiar with AD&D which Lord of the Dungeon borrows from.

Any volunteers? Please send me a PM.

In the meantime, and to whet your appetite, I also recreated the CGE 2002 manual in its entirety and am attaching it to this post.

Lord of the Dungeon Instructions - CGE 2002 - For Viewing.pdf

Edited by Ikrananka
  • Like 7

So, looks like I have at least one, and possibly two, reviewers. Thank you.

Due to other commitments, the plan is to give the reviewers until around mid-June to finish their work and then I'll work on incorporating any comments. So, plan is to get the updated manual issued sometime towards the end of June.