Photo

I think this goes here: Controller pinout for DINA 2-in-1

2 replies to this topic

#1 Swami OFFLINE  

Swami

Stargunner

• 1,413 posts

Posted Fri May 11, 2018 4:12 PM

Since this was primarily marketed as a Colecovision clone.... Does anyone know the controller pinout for the DINA 2-in-1. I'm curious if it has the 5V VCC for the SG-1000 operation and I could use USB to Atari or PS2 to Atari (sim. Amiga/Genesis) type adapters with it for ColecoVision games .

#2 BassGuitari OFFLINE  

BassGuitari

Glorified Toaster

• 6,455 posts
  • Remember how bright the future used to look?

Posted Sat May 12, 2018 2:02 PM

I don't actually have that information, but if it helps, I used a DINA controller with an Atari 2600 once. :) D-pad worked as expected and both fire buttons responded IIRC. 

Weirdly, I read in another thread that someone tried a Colecovision controller on a DINA and reported that the joystick and keypad responded as usual, but the fire buttons did not--I would have expected the opposite (fire buttons=yes; keypad=no).

#3 Swami OFFLINE  

Swami

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,413 posts

Posted Tue May 15, 2018 3:38 PM

I don't actually have that information, but if it helps, I used a DINA controller with an Atari 2600 once. :) D-pad worked as expected and both fire buttons responded IIRC. 

Weirdly, I read in another thread that someone tried a Colecovision controller on a DINA and reported that the joystick and keypad responded as usual, but the fire buttons did not--I would have expected the opposite (fire buttons=yes; keypad=no).

There's some stuff on this page:

http://www.colecobox...q/FAQ02.htm#c35

I know it does not have the pinout of a colecovision or atari 2600 or 7800. If it is just the buttons that don't work, I suppose its still possible that adapters/controllers that can use 3 or 4 buttons (PS2 -> Genesis adapter or Just a Genensis controller) might trigger the right one.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users