IGNORED

Primal Rage and.. overscan?

leech

So I'm not sure what to refer to this as, but apparently there's some sort of off screen drawing going on here, where the background is not drawn 100%, and the foreground goes to the edge of the screen.

Anyone else seen this? This is set up to my 55" screen with an OSSC with HDMI out and the Jaguar using a SCART cable.

post-16458-0-54573300-1526095344_thumb.jpg

Remember those games were developed back in the time of CRT monitors, which had some overscan. Some developers were lazy and relied on that fact to hide rough edges like this (or never noticed their clipping wasn't quite right in the first place, because they couldn't see it). You can probably configure the OSSC to hide the borders or zoom in the picture a bit.

Edited by Zerosquare

It kind of reminds me of those old pop up books. I love the clear picture the OSSC gives though. Just thought it weird that they would display something so far off the screen. One would think that is processing power wasted.

I will have a play with the OSSC to fix it. Now that I have had a play with getting ST High to display perfectly, I know it has tons of settings.

Remember those games were developed back in the time of CRT monitors, which had some overscan. Some developers were lazy and relied on that fact to hide rough edges like this (or never noticed their clipping wasn't quite right in the first place, because they couldn't see it). You can probably configure the OSSC to hide the borders or zoom in the picture a bit.

Pretty much this. With the OSSC, you will see everything that was originally not visible on a CRT.

• Like 1

I will have to check some other games. Fairly cerain I didn't have the issue with Rayman.

Not every game will exhibit the behavior you are seeing. I also find it to be a more common occurrence with some older systems, like the Genesis.