IGNORED

I think this is fixable, Atari LightPen CX75

I was recently given a bunch of old mac software, along with an Atari LightPen (complete in box). Obviously, this was the highlight of this hull, however I don't know anything about it. It did come with a cartridge, but I don't have an Atari computer to test it with. As you can see below, it's not in the best of condition (having fallen apart, and all), but all the peaces seem to be here. My questions is what does anyone know about this? I've looked online, but aside from a quick commercial demonstration from Alan Alda, I really haven't found anything. Also can I just glue this thing back together?post-63947-0-53227500-1526111669_thumb.jpgpost-63947-0-05127200-1526111691_thumb.jpg

Edited by DistantStar001

It basically is a lightgun, but smaller.

The tip houses a small LDR that you need to point to a TV tube. The LDR "reads" the pixels projected by the Atari. Because the Atari exactly knows where each pixel is, it also knows the location of where the pen is pointing by detecting the pixel and feed the data to the joystick port.

The cartridge is probably MicroIllustrator. It's to draw pictures with the light pen.

b.t.w, it doesn't work on LED and/or LCD screens. It requires a real tube screen.

• Like 2