IGNORED

Police auction of jaguar systems

sirlynxalot

Was cruising ebay when I noticed this, an auction for 5 jaguar consoles and 1 jag CD unit.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-Jaguar-Console-LOT-of-5-/253542759662?hash=item3b08537cee%3Ag%3AC~oAAOSwtNdaxltT&nma=true&si=tq9fg9hlOspPohJN%252Fzsyfp9K75I%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

What caught my eye though was this information in the description

Lot of 5 Atari Jaguar Consoles – AS IS/UNTESTED

BECAUSE THIS IS A POLICE AUCTION, ALL SALES ARE FINAL, NO RETURNS ACCEPTED

WESTSHORE ENFORCEMENT BUREAU

The Westshore Enforcement Bureau is a Law Enforcement Agency in Ohio. The items we are auctioning off are items that have been seized and forfeited or unclaimed. All proceeds go to our Law Enforcement Trust Fund.

I know the jag community is full of drama, but what kind of fun story could have resulted in 5 jag consoles being seized and resold by the police!
  • Like 7

Bidding has ended on this item.

Winning bid: US $810.00

I know the jag community is full of drama, but what kind of fun story could have resulted in 5 jag consoles being seized and resold by the police!

Collector went on a buying spree, couldn't pay his loan, got his stuff seized?

Dodgy video game store caught evading tax?

The auction is already over $810. I wonder how much the final bid will be...

The auction ended on April 16th, so $810 was the final price. By my calculations, that breaks down to $300 for the JagCD, $100 for each console, and the extra $10 for the loose JagLink dongle (power and A/V cords don't seem to have been included). That's for untested hardware that appears to have been handled roughly.

It seems that there's no such thing as a cheap Jaguar anymore, no matter how you get it.

• Like 2

Was cruising ebay when I noticed this, an auction for 5 jaguar consoles and 1 jag CD unit.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-Jaguar-Console-LOT-of-5-/253542759662?hash=item3b08537cee%3Ag%3AC~oAAOSwtNdaxltT&nma=true&si=tq9fg9hlOspPohJN%252Fzsyfp9K75I%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

What caught my eye though was this information in the description

Living in Ohio, that's what caused it :D

But is 18 years of disappointment worth more or less than $800? :P

Well that's quite a legacy; that nearly beats out some Neo Geo carts... It pulls off quite a few feats on the Jag for its time and the programmer is quite knowledgeable with the Jag; they cracked the cartridge encryption using a custom key before the official one went public in case people forgotten. I hardly call that a disappointment, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

#LegacyMatters

but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Doesn't that depend on which group you are in? I've heard it's a kick ban offence in some parts if you don't agree with the management. Luckily, not the case in the wider community. :P

Only if you make it a group thing... I usually don't get in to politics in a game forum like that.

So you deffo wouldn't run off and cry elsewhere and try and cause problems when corrected by facts... that is.... good to know..... :)

• Like 1

So you deffo wouldn't run off and cry elsewhere and try and cause problems when corrected by facts... that is.... good to know..... :)

Hey man, I apologize for that; I didn't realize the gravity of what I did until after the comments. Besides my frustration was elsewhere beyond the forum and I just vented needlessly. I certainly don't want to cause the stir that I did, but it happened and I kind of wish it didn't after the fact. I don't want to make anymore problems for anyone here and I usually don't and haven't in times past. Now I've had people come me and start trouble with me here in the past and I simply never fed into that sort of thing thus was one of the reasons I left the scene for a minute, but I'm not here for that today. I took something the wrong way not really knowing if any of that old stuff from the JS2 days really died down since I've left the scene; it's hard to read attitudes behind sarcastic one liners. I'm sorry it came up, but I'm glad it came up to clear the air "I sincerely apologize for whatever trouble that post has caused". You don't know how far reaching your actions at a social media or forum are until after the fact. I want to be a contributing factor here and see more innovative stuff on the Jag personally, but I like original new releases in 2D and what-have-you even emulation. I like to see Neo Geo games work on the Jag to be honest, not to be sold, but just a great little project to work on.

No worries, anything posted "there" is regarded as nonsense by any sane human anyway - I mean, just look at the admin and moderators, LOL :)

All good.

Hold up now... First off I respect the mods over there and what they've brought to the table on Facebook. I don't know about anyone else, but they've been nothing but kind and inviting to me over there otherwise I wouldn't have vented there; I regard them as great people a particular moderator as good friend he's a straight up fellow if you ask me. Please dude... Don't insult my friends.

Hold up now... First off I respect the mods over there and what they've brought to the table on Facebook. I don't know about anyone else, but they've been nothing but kind and inviting to me over there otherwise I wouldn't have vented there; I regard them as great people a particular moderator as good friend he's a straight up fellow if you ask me. Please dude... Don't insult my friends.

Wow. Filters back on. Maybe check their posting history and do some research, unless you really do respect the underhanded nature of everything they do and the outright lies they spread :)

Anyway, all done here.

• Like 1