IGNORED

INTV GOTY 2018 results

I see where GOTY 2018 is headed.

1 poll 1 vote.

Every. Single. Year. When asked, the majority clamors for "1 poll, 1 vote" and then one person says "maybe we should split it or make it multiple choice," and it goes to hell again.

Sorry, but :roll:

• Like 1

Technically, the forum software only supports these forms of polls:

* One category with many options, pick one choice

* One category with many options, pick as many as you want

* Several categories with many options in each category, pick one choice per category

* Several categories with many options in each category, pick as many as you want in each category

As you can see, there is no support for "pick two" or "pick three". Whoever runs the GOTY would have to accept PM votes or set up a separate poll system outside of the forums in order to run it in a different way. Actually a poll system elsewhere would also enable any Intellivision aftermarket collectors not part of the AtariAge forums to take part of the GOTY without having to register here, but I don't know how many those are or if their votes are valuable to count anyway. It would also enable a certain amount of shill voting, but then again anyone can become a member here, and create as many shill email addresses as you need so one person could skew the voting anyway.

I'm not opposed to the one poll one vote option as it has worked fine in the past, but I kinda like Mike's idea of 1 poll 3 votes. It would be an interesting twist and paint a slightly different story. Maybe better way to do it would be to have 1 poll 1 vote, but allow you to divide your single vote into as many as 3 portions, weighed as you see fit. Maybe 75% my favorite game, 20% love for my second favorite, and a 5% shout out to my underdog. You could still go 100% to your top pick.

Of course, the polling system isn't capable of this, so Mike's suggestion would be the closest alternative. You wouldn't be able to place all 3 votes for your top choice and I'd be afraid some people would forget to use all three votes, but it could still be interesting.

Ok, bring on the hate mail :D

list is closing now!

we are at end of the year, so anticipating the party of tonight where I will not have access to internet :-) I believe no new games are appearing in the next 10 hours, and I can officially show the list of 15 candidates for the GOTY 2018.

The vote will take place from February 15th to allow people try the games asked to Santa.

The voting consists of one vote per person to be chosen from the total list of 15 titles.

Vote ends March 15th.

A poll will be added to this thread thanks to Albert

1 ) Beat'Em & Eat'Em (IntellivisionRevolution)

2 ) Meteors (IntellivisionRevolution)
3 ) Astro Invader (Collectorvision)
4 ) Hover Bovver (Elektronite)
5 ) Sea Venture (IntellivisionRevolution)
6 ) The Secret Government Waffle Project (IntellivisionRevolution)
7 ) Miner 2049er (Elektronite)
8 ) SteamRoller (Elektronite)

9 ) IntyBasic Showcase Volume 2 (IntellivisionRevolution)
10 ) Mad Bomber (Collectorvision)
11 ) Jumpking Junior (IntellivisionRevolution)
12 ) Moonsweeper (Collectorvision)
13 ) Donkey Kong Junior (IntellivisionRevolution)

14 ) Upmonsters (2600 Connection)

15 ) Pumpkin Master (2600 Connection)

Edited by vprette
  • Like 6