I have finished my 2-player game PICKLE (final version attached) , which is a tribute to the early 2600 2K releases, and a game I played as a kid . I have programmed a riddle into the final cartridge version of the game ( It is not in the posted ROM).
MIchael Thomasson at Good Deal Games is producing an initial small run that will be available on his website soon.
The first person to solve the riddle ( does not actually require 2 players ) and provide a screen shot , solution , and correct explanation will receive a $250 cash prize ( I might also make a patch ) . Details will be included with the cartridge. I am a bit unsure how to anticipate the demand, but more can always be produced if needed. Any feedback to help gauge interest would be appreciated. I think this will be fun , and it will be at a financial loss to me so it is not a gimmick for making money . I like these kinds of puzzles and it was fun to create, and I don't plan on making any more games . Anyway I hope a few people want to take up the challenge. I will announce when it is available.
1. The runner must be tagged with the ball while off base. Then the players switch roles
2. While throwing, if the joystick is pressed up or down, the top and bottom throwers, respectively , will return to their bases after throwing. Otherwise they will stay in place.
3. Throwers cannot cross the midway line.
4. Thrower cannot stall------ must throw every 12 seconds
5. Runner must steal a base every 60 seconds
6. First one to steal 11 bases win
7. runner's initial lead off toward destination base is limited while that base's thrower holds ball ( if P0 diff B)
8. Occasional Random throwing errors will happen.
9. Runner will occasionally "fall" ( color will turn black and will be immobilized).
10. "Pegs" option allows runner to be out if hit by ball , but runner can move laterally ( if P1 diff A)
Edited by easmith, Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:12 PM.