IGNORED

**Now Working** Ps1 Modchips not working. Using pic12f629

icemanxp300

Ok so nothing like wasting 3 hrs or so trying to mod a ps1 I don't even need as I already have a modded unit. At this point it is purely about principle.

I have tried programming numerous times different files.

http://www.eurasia.nu/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=43

The first I tried was PSX 12F629 package and it says that a 9000 series only uses 3 wires w/ a jumper. I am not sure this pcb is a 9000 series though as the unit says on bottom it is a 7501. Wiring this way will not play any games even original w/that jumper there, I think the wiring diagram may be wrong.

I then tried, this mm3 hex dump

http://www.maxconsole.com/threads/psx-mm3-hex-dump-for-pic12f629-has-been-released.18321/

This however gives me a configuration verify failed error which I believe is a programming glitch. Using Gq-4x. topic started here about it.

http://www.mcumall.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5513

I have the option of changing the file format I have tried programming the hex file as binary and hex, nothing works. Well original games will play but not burned.

Below are the pics of what I am using for wiring.

Here is the psx wiring given for the pcb I am using.

post-25078-0-31553500-1526436433_thumb.jpg

Here is the mm3 wiring given for the pcb I am using

post-25078-0-66233700-1526436540.jpg

post-25078-0-18608200-1526436541.jpg

post-25078-0-72152900-1526436541.jpg

Here is the file format choice I can choose when I load the hex file.

post-25078-0-25058000-1526436786_thumb.jpg

Ok, so just in case this helps anyone. I decided to try the mm3 again on the pic12f629. This was after many failed attempts LOL. This time I used a different USB port and made sure to have external power on my GQ-4X programmer. I chose hex files and loaded the USA hex file and in the file format mode I chose hex file as well. I then as well lowered the write speed from +2 down to 0.

I soldered in a test socket into a 90001 model. I had 2 chips that worked. One was bad and another would program but not work either. At least now I am set-up w/a tester ps1, so I can program and test these and know if they are good or not.

The configuration verify failed happened even though the chips worked. That is a programmer error.

• 2 weeks later...