IGNORED

Nintendo is making a special edition Famicom Mini loaded with manga games

I'd like that, but I don't see it happening because all those dumb games center evenly on story but also trading (2P) which without some Wifi setup isn't going to work as they're not going to install an old school link cable with the wishful thinking people would link a GB/GBC to it.

It's not that bad really. I had fun for a while playing Pokemon Yellow on my Game Boy with a GB Everdrive and nobody to link to. Story mode doesn't essentially require the link cable unless you "gotta catch em all..." :P

3DS got Pokemon Yellow as well, and Red and Blue on Virtual console. No sign of Green which I believe was a Japan Exclusive. I wasn't paying $30 for the lot so I just got Yellow because it was the only one enhanced for color.

Oh I know that. I've played off and on pokemon since the day it came out with Red, and i have never played them or traded with someone before. I'm just saying they'd lose a lot of appeal to many people who live by the battle and trade aspect of it as the stories have always (yellow aside due to TV) pretty flat and samey to a boring degree up until Ultra Sun/Moon arrived when it took this weird twist into a total perpetual story based JRPG style game with the core pokemon mechanics mostly intact (gyms are gone as are the leaders, now you have multiple steps with captain, totem pokemon, and island leaders instead.)