IGNORED

TIPI enabled software listing

This topic is for listing TIPI enabled software programs for the TI-99/4a with the TIPI (TI to Raspberry PI Connection) for more information on TIPI and it's capabilities go to http://ti994a.cwfk.net/TIPI.html

To purchase a TIPI you can find them on my store at arcadeshopper.com https://www.arcadeshopper.com/wp/?page_id=11#!/Showcase/c/28815024/offset=0&sort=nameAsc

• Like 4

TELNET - by Jedimatt42

Telnet is a TCP telnet client for the 99/4a that connects via TIPI to the telnet address and port of your choice. It supports 80,64 and 40 column screen (80 requires a F18a) and also has a full ANSI emulation including full color on the F18a!

Telnet is now included in the TIPI software package at TIPI.NET.TELNET

post-25598-0-80651100-1526707930_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

CHATTI - A simple chat program that I wrote to develop and exercise the concept of exchanging messages between consoles via a central server. I have a server running in Dallas TX that hosts myti99.com's website and APIs for connecting TIPI-enabled TI consoles. The goal was to have a place where people could register accounts and enable message exchanges between consoles, messages meaning chat messages or game info since peer-to-peer is more complicated and problematic with firewalls.

From BASIC: CALL TIPI("PI.HTTP://MYTI99.COM/CHATTI")

CHESS - I wanted to create an E/A 5 version of the chess game that I created for Stuart's browser a couple years back, so this was the next project I undertook to demonstrate turn-based games via TIPI and a central server. It's just plain chess without some features, but playable.

From BASIC: CALL TIPI("PI.HTTP://MYTI99.COM/CHESS")

SNEK - This is a snake-genre game that simply lets you move around the screen until you crash into a wall, or yourself. It's very simple and meant to be yet another proof-of-concept where game high scores could be synced among all players, via myti99.com. I created a simple API for allowing this with the plan to make it available to any game developers who want to make use of it.

From BASIC: CALL TIPI("PI.HTTP://MYTI99.COM/SNEK")

All these programs are still being polished. Any feedback is welcome. So far, thanks to jedimatt and PeteE for coding tips, arcadeshopper, jonecool, and Omega for helping me test these programs out.

Programmers: Adding support for syncing high scores to a game is quite easy and requires only a couple of calls to fetch high scores, and to submit scores to the server. Currently it requires having first logged into myti99.com, so SNEK has a login page for this. I may remove this requirement so that it'd be even easier for anyone to add this score-syncing to their own games - it'd just be a matter of registering your game with myti99.com and receiving an app GUID so that the API will accept new score submissions from your game, and allow for reading them back for display within your game. If you are interested, Please contact me and I'll share the necessary info.

Edited by ElectricLab
  • Like 5

Rock Paper Scissors - by ElectricLab

This is a functional demonstration of using the myti99.com variables to connect TI's together for game play in basic. Written in TI Basic (but runs fine in XB) this program allows two people to play Rock Paper Scissors from their TI's connected to the internet with TIPI

to load:

OLD PI.http://myti99.com/RPS
  • Like 2

TIPIMAP - by Gregory McGill (me)

TIPIMAP was written because I found it cumbersome to CALL TIPI and then try and remember the path to a folder like TIPI.GAMES.XB.ADVENTURE.WEREWOLF

Instead you are shown a list of directories on the TIPI and you can arrow up/down/forward/back and select the directory you want to be DSK1 and then press 1 to map the directory to the DSK1. configuration in TIPI.

Also 2 maps DSK2 and 3 maps DSK3

TIPIMAP is written in Extended Basic and can be loaded with

OLD PI.http://ftp.whtech.com/Users/Gregory%20McGill/TIPIMAP
  • Like 4

Per a suggestion from JediMatt, I have changed the high score display in SNEK to only report back high scores per user, instead of just by score. This is a little different than a traditional arcade game, but I think is a good way to see how you stack up against others without having someone fill up all the slots. What do you guys think?

Also: Jonecool has 820 on SNEK which I don't think I'll ever beat :)

• Like 3

This program is just begging be turned into an E/A 5!

I'm writing a c version but taking a while to relearn c plus learn file pab stuff

It can't be compiled as the xb compiler doesn't support internal file type which is required for cataloging the drive.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks Omega. I released a new version last night with a couple of fixes and improvements, one being a little less beeping for incoming messages :)

I noticed version 1.1 :thumbsup:

Everytime I load Chatti, it's via URI1, so I use the newest version as soon as it's released. ;-)

I've not chatted with anyone today, so I don't know about the beeps (yet), but I'd still like a beep as I keep the volume up when I'm out of the room... either that or a PAGE BUTTON to get the attention of someone listed as online.

Aww maaaan, and I didn't know! FANTASTIC Corey! I'll be playing tonight to see if I can raise my score on the community scoreboard. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I actually think it's a bit harder with a joystick. We need to figure out how JoneCool achieved his score - I can't get anywhere close :)

• Like 1

I like the change too. It makes sense, we can still try to one up our own high score without taking over the scoreboard.

Per a suggestion from JediMatt, I have changed the high score display in SNEK to only report back high scores per user, instead of just by score. This is a little different than a traditional arcade game, but I think is a good way to see how you stack up against others without having someone fill up all the slots. What do you guys think?

Also: Jonecool has 820 on SNEK which I don't think I'll ever beat :)

• Like 1

hehe, watch my TIPI Video and skip to the part on SNEK. The pattern I use there is how I do it ;) (My signature will take you to the playlist of TI Vids). I even commented on how to do it, LOL. I must admit though, most of the time I don't score well. Good thing we don't have our average score beside the high score (in parenthesis) or something.

Yeah, what the heck? I wish I knew his 'secret'.

gallery_35324_1027_6048.jpg

Edited by jonecool
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

CHATTI - A simple chat program that I wrote to develop and exercise the concept of exchanging messages between consoles via a central server. I have a server running in Dallas TX that hosts myti99.com's website and APIs for connecting TIPI-enabled TI consoles. The goal was to have a place where people could register accounts and enable message exchanges between consoles, messages meaning chat messages or game info since peer-to-peer is more complicated and problematic with firewalls.

From BASIC: CALL TIPI("PI.HTTP://MYTI99.COM/CHATTI")

FYI I published v1.2 of CHATTI tonight. It allows you to scroll back up and read previous pages in a chat by using the arrow keys.

This does require a TIPI update that JediMatt posted about last week. If you're having trouble with this function in CHATTI, make sure you've updated.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

OK, why is the Snek login screen is not accepting input from lowercase letters?

---

Eh, had to log in to chatti in order to get my login info saved for snek

SNEK uses a bitmap mode which means I had to create its font from scratch (which is why it looks like it was hacked together), and I didn't implement lower-case when I did. Both SNEK and CHATTI use the same backend, but SNEK just doesn't accept and display lowercase. You should be able to log in with a either upper and lower case in both usernames and passwords.

This was intentional, and I didn't implement normal security practices when I put this together. I didn't force a case-sensitive constraint at the database level, nor did I implement calculating and storing hashes of the password instead of the cleartext password (which I'd do if this weren't a hobby project). I didn't want to have to even build a password recovery mechanism until I had to, and certainly no use of second factor authentication is on my roadmap.

Just pretend it's 1981 all over again :)

• Like 1