Photo

TIPI enabled software listing

27 replies to this topic

#26 BeeryMiller OFFLINE  

BeeryMiller

Dragonstomper

• 578 posts

Posted Sun Sep 9, 2018 5:48 AM

CHATTI - A simple chat program that I wrote to develop and exercise the concept of exchanging messages between consoles via a central server. I have a server running in Dallas TX that hosts myti99.com's website and APIs for connecting TIPI-enabled TI consoles. The goal was to have a place where people could register accounts and enable message exchanges between consoles, messages meaning chat messages or game info since peer-to-peer is more complicated and problematic with firewalls.

From BASIC:   CALL TIPI("PI.HTTP://MYTI99.COM/CHATTI")

CHESS - I wanted to create an E/A 5 version of the chess game that I created for Stuart's browser a couple years back, so this was the next project I undertook to demonstrate turn-based games via TIPI and a central server. It's just plain chess without some features, but playable.

From BASIC:   CALL TIPI("PI.HTTP://MYTI99.COM/CHESS")

SNEK - This is a snake-genre game that simply lets you move around the screen until you crash into a wall, or yourself. It's very simple and meant to be yet another proof-of-concept where game high scores could be synced among all players, via myti99.com. I created a simple API for allowing this with the plan to make it available to any game developers who want to make use of it.

From BASIC:   CALL TIPI("PI.HTTP://MYTI99.COM/SNEK")

Question regarding the programs.  Is there a filename/path I can enter and use on a MENU path so it is a letter selection on the MENU program?

#27 BeeryMiller OFFLINE  

BeeryMiller

Dragonstomper

• 578 posts

Posted Sun Sep 9, 2018 5:54 AM

Question regarding the programs.  Is there a filename/path I can enter and use on a MENU path so it is a letter selection on the MENU program?

I answered part of my question here. I was able to enter the PI.HTTP://pathto the chess game, but was lost with input.  Had no idea what was being entered, etc. in the chess game.

Could not access CHATTI, as the filepath and name was one character too long for the MENU program.

Beery

#28 arcadeshopper OFFLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,600 posts

Posted Sun Sep 9, 2018 7:31 AM

I answered part of my question here. I was able to enter the PI.HTTP://pathto the chess game, but was lost with input.  Had no idea what was being entered, etc. in the chess game.

Could not access CHATTI, as the filepath and name was one character too long for the MENU program.

Beery

In TIPIcfg change URI1 to be http:/myti99.com then in menu use URI1.CHATTI

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users