IGNORED

Vectrex Adjustment Help

famicomical

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the Vectrex, but I don't have a working system yet... I really need your help with a Vectrex monitor adjustment
Here's the story:
I bought a Vectrex on ebay a couple of years back with the intention of restoring it. I replaced all the caps and de-buzzed the audio, but I stopped work on it after running into some distortion issues with the monitor that I couldn't fix for the life of me. I tried replacing several ICs mentioned in the service manual and adjusting all the pots as per this guide, but to no avail.
The only pots I haven't tried adjusting are the high voltage pots on the power board. I don't have an oscilloscope yet...
I really hope someone can help me or at least point me in the right direction

Thanks in advance

Interested in following to see any answers.

One I have repaired the white dot problem, but I also can't get the outside edges of the display to stay together.

If a game is all inside the display area is plays great, but games that move vectors in from off screen break apart.

Adjusting one of the high voltage pots made my picture shrink down real small.

That's about all I can offer.

Since I replaced most capacitors, when I work on it again I want to make sure every part that's soldered on both top and bottom are good as there's no metal inside the holes and bad joints on top and bottom will cause problems.

The circuit board is very cheap and delicate, meaning easy to destroy.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...