IGNORED

Putt18 cart now available for the Atari 8-bit computers.

peteym5

Available for $39.95. Many cartridges available. Will run on any Atari 8-bit computer from 16K and up. To ensure the game can be ported to the Atari 5200 and for very few that may find an Atari computer with only 16K on Ebay, I mapped the game to only use the RAM from location $0000 to $3FFF (0 to 16384). The game also is not OS dependent, so it can also run fine with 400/800 OS. Speed has been adjusted if detected running on NTSC machines so it will run the same speed on both PAL, SECAM, or NTSC.

The game using the joystick to move the pointer / "putter club" around. There are two modes. The default is that you set the pointer to where you want to aim the ball at, hold the fire button down for how hard you want to hit it, and release. The other is similar to how the Atari 2600 Miniature golf works, the pointer / square bock represents a putter golf club, and how hard the ball is hit is based on the distance the club is from the ball. I remember my brothers and I having fun with 2600 miniature golf and purposely put the square in the opposite corner of the screen and hit the ball just to see how long it will go bouncing around the screen. Over the years, I made various miniature golf games using Basic on various machines. I lost my original Atari Basic version of the game. One day Video 61 suggested doing a miniature golf game in ML and put it on cartridge.

One feature this game does have is when you hit the space bar, a score card pops up. It will do that through the pause on the 5200. There is no point in having pause with a miniature golf game because you can just put the joystick down if you need to walk away to do something.

There are 4 different Miniature Golf courses, some holes are real challenging. The moving obstacles can disabled. The game using some Super-IRG so it can appear a few more colors are present, majority of the holes only have a few pixels alternating at 50/60 frames per second, so there is no noticeable flicker on standard displays. Wide Over scan mode with Horizontal Fine scroll is in use. HOZSCR is set so the right screen static is down to one pixel. All the holes are drawn using the central 42 characters so there should not be anything off the screen.

http://members.tcq.n...o61/putt18.html

thanks for looking,

Edited by peteym5