IGNORED

Risky Rick in Dangerous Traps (June 25th)

I originally though it was the missing serial number label, but strangely, the one without the serial number is the one that is working.

Thinking about that, you might be right, may be, simply, by removing the number label on the one that does not work , it will work!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Checking in to add that I finally got around to trying my copy.

The system I played it on: YurkieVision console

(composite and RGB mod,new led light, rebuilt power switch, pause switch added.)

Made it past the area where you crawl through the wall without any resets. Made it to the next level.

So yeah, the game plays great,no problems. Really fun game. Well done!

Edited by PhoenixMoonPatrol
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I should also note that my system is an F18a modded system with a pause button and a BIOS Skip mod and I had no problems with the game at all.

do you still have the video ram attached to the main board?

i removed mine to make room for the hdmi cable and rgb > hdmi adaptor

I did get a reply on my video I shot showing the issue on my CV from a guy in France with a +5 ram modded French CV and he also has the same issue with not being able to pass onto the second level. So it does seem that the +5 ram is the main culprit as I haven't heard report from anyone that has a +5 ram modded CV that is able to get past the first level. Not sure there is really anything that can be done about it. Also believe I got a report from another gamer that has two CVs of which he has a stock one that doesn't get past the 1st level either. His is a Rev H just like mine that also won't work.

So that is at least 2 things to be on the look out for that might cause an imcompatibility with this game.

+5 ram video

Rev H mainboards

As you know from your video comments, the french guy kindly sent us his moded system to be able to take a look.

We have received the ColecoVision some days ago and we will take a look next week.

About the fact that a guy having a stock system can't pass the first level, there are some possibilities:

- His system is defective

- It was moded before he bought it

By the way, we will provide an answer to the 3 peoples (including you) contacting us by mail to get a support.

Thank you for the board revision information.

ArcadeVision.

As you know from your video comments, the french guy kindly sent us his moded system to be able to take a look.

We have received the ColecoVision some days ago and we will take a look next week.

About the fact that a guy having a stock system can't pass the first level, there are some possibilities:

- His system is defective

- It was moded before he bought it

By the way, we will provide an answer to the 3 peoples (including you) contacting us by mail to get a support.

Thank you for the board revision information.

ArcadeVision.

Actually no I didn't know he had been talking with you guys about his system. I only receive notifications when someone replies directly within my videos and not when they reply to each other it would seem. Obviously if you do find something that might be correctable with a semi easy hardware fix etc...do let me know and thank you for looking into this.

Actually no I didn't know he had been talking with you guys about his system. I only receive notifications when someone replies directly within my videos and not when they reply to each other it would seem. Obviously if you do find something that might be correctable with a semi easy hardware fix etc...do let me know and thank you for looking into this.

For information, the message published 1 week ago was: "Thank you for your help, providing us your console."

Apart from that, are you playing to Risky Rick at less with your working system? (I don't see any video in this way)

ArcadeVision.

I did get a reply on my video I shot showing the issue on my CV from a guy in France with a +5 ram modded French CV and he also has the same issue with not being able to pass onto the second level. So it does seem that the +5 ram is the main culprit as I haven't heard report from anyone that has a +5 ram modded CV that is able to get past the first level. Not sure there is really anything that can be done about it. Also believe I got a report from another gamer that has two CVs of which he has a stock one that doesn't get past the 1st level either. His is a Rev H just like mine that also won't work.

So that is at least 2 things to be on the look out for that might cause an imcompatibility with this game.

+5 ram video

Rev H mainboards

I went through the check procedure AV explained to me through e-mail with my AV modded CV that has no VRAM mod and has rev H board. At first I was getting stuck, but after the cleaning and checking for continuity, I tried it again and it worked right the first time, but a dozen attempts after that I got a black screen with a hum. The exact same thing happened after repeating the procedure. I also have a stock CV with rev C board that has always given me black screen with a hum before and after the checking procedure. All other games work with both CVs and picture is perfect. I have another AV modded CV with board H-2 that has always worked perfectly with RR. I'm going to try some more aggressive cleaning of the stock CV when I have time to see what happens. I wish I knew what Yurkie was doing that fixed some of the non-working one's without replacing any parts. Too expensive for me to send away for shipping both ways and labor costs for one game that works on one of my three systems, except the working one may drop dead at some point.

For information, the message published 1 week ago was: "Thank you for your help, providing us your console."

Apart from that, are you playing to Risky Rick at less with your working system? (I don't see any video in this way)

ArcadeVision.

The game room is currently undergoing an AV upgrade of sorts. So most of the classic systems I have are currently disconnected and I've got stuff all over. But once I have that done, I do plan to get back to RR to see if I can get further.

Too expensive for me to send away for shipping both ways and labor costs for one game that works on one of my three systems, except the working one may drop dead at some point.

Please wait until next week, we will be able to check the received a modded system to know if something else is going wrong and how to process. Thank you.

• 5 months later...

Sorry for reviving this old thread but it's only just now that I have finally got my F18A modded CV back up and running and was excited to play some Risky Rick.

So, for me Risky Rick starts, plays and looks great. However, it must be unhappy with my F18A and must be starting in demo mode as I'm stopped from moving past Level 1.

Only mod on the system is the F18A, otherwise it is stock. All VRAM is still on the motherboard. F18A firmware is v1.9 (latest) and I tried the game with the F18A USR 1 jumper both on and off (adjusts sprite limit) with the same result.

Motherboard is Rev. J

Did some people with F18A modded systems actually get onto Level 2 and beyond?

Yes I was able to get it working on my F18a system as well as the Phoenix which has F18a as well, so that shouldn't be an issue, unless it is a motherboard revision issue

Dang it - I guess we can add Rev. J as a possible culprit to Rev H.

BTW, is your F18A firmware updated to v1.9 and have you tested the game with this firmware?

Wow - very impressive that Risky Rick works on the Phoenix :-o This is a major testament to the accuracy and quality of the system you've created - well done :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: . This makes me even more excited to get my hands on one. And seeing as Risky Rick works on the Phoenix, which I not expecting, I'll just have to wait and play it on there. Agh - more waiting!!!!