IGNORED

MyDos copy protection

I just tried to make a back-up copy of my MyDos disk. Everything seemed to work fine until I booted with the back up and it erased itself. I tried three more times with the same results. I also tried to make a backup by just copying the files from one disk to another. When I tried to boot with the backup, nothing happened. Am I missing something or is this the standard for MyDos copy protection.

Doesn't sound right to me. But to copy a Dos properly you either need to duplicate the entire disk or use whatever option it has that's equivalent to "Write Dos files". Just copying the system files to a blank disk isn't a guarantee for it to work.

What Rybags said... and:

It even goes a little further...

When you copy a DOS file to a MyDOS partition (even when it is to a sub directory) the disk will not boot again. I consider this a major flaw (since you'll copy entire disks to a directory sometimes, and BAM ... you end up having a corrupted partition... who wants that? indeed nobody...)

I would recommend: format a disk, pick WRITE DOS FILES, and see what happens.