Myarc Geneve 9640 cards for sale/repair

Geneve Geneve 9640 Repair

103 replies to this topic

#101 RickyDean ONLINE  

RickyDean

Dragonstomper

• 950 posts

Posted Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:54 AM

After I get the aspect ratio to come up properly on my images(does so In Photoshop, when I tell it to) I will have the cleaned up scans for the 4 layers of the Geneve PCB and the two for the HFDC ready to be released here to the wild. FYI, maybe tomorrow, if all goes well, here is a sample

Attached Files

#102 mizapf OFFLINE  

mizapf

River Patroller

• 3,381 posts

Posted Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:51 PM

Is anyone making available the boot eprom chip for the Geneve that removes the swan and allows booting from mutliple devices?

It is definitely on my todo list, just to remind you.

(However, I also plan that my boot ROM has some Swan on the title screen, but maybe much smaller. I don't like boot EPROMs without the Swan. :-) )

#103 RickyDean ONLINE  

RickyDean

Dragonstomper

• 950 posts

Posted Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:00 AM

Well, I finally got it down to fit on a single page from most image programs, So here, with the caveat that they probably not perfect, and though I tried to make sure I only removed clutter or enhanced areas that were not clear, are the resulting pictures. They ave been scaled down from the ones that I was originally editing and may have lost some detail (though they look pretty good to me. If you see something missing like the end of a trace, first before reporting it find Paul's originals on ftp.whtech.com and compare them. I know of at least two traces that didn't have an end point. Enjoy!!

Attached Files

#104 RickyDean ONLINE  

RickyDean

Dragonstomper

• 950 posts

Posted Today, 6:22 AM

Well I got my standard Geneve up and running again, a couple of weeks ago I had an issue with the card when I turned the P-box on of the swan coming up with squiggly lines running vertically up and down the screen. This weekend I replaced the vram chips and it worked for a few turn ons then started another strange activity, the screen with the swan was full of artifacts. I thought that I had blown those dram chips too, but decided first to remove the 9938 and swap it. Now this 9938 is the one I bought from China, when I first blew the card up, some months back. I had started working on the Geneve that I got from Insane Multitasker and used the old chip on there after making sure it was working on mine. I believe the video chip is faulty, and of the first vram chips, one of those tested bad. Don't know if the 9938 blew the ram or vice versa, but the ram was purchase from either Jameco or Mouser, so I don't think they were bad. The second set is fine and I can go into mdos and do thing:)

I would say at the moment, beware where you get you chips.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Geneve, Geneve 9640, Repair

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users