IGNORED

WTB Bally Home Edition 3/4th pinball machine.

Wanted to buy: im interested in buyinb Any of the 1977 or 1978 Bally home edition pinball machines. Fireball, Evel Kenevel, Brown Dirt Cowboy or Galaxy Ranger. Prefer one in great condition mechanically and cosmetically.

If anyone has or knows where one is available , please contact me.

Will pay cash.

Thanks.

From a play field stand point, the bally home models do have a full size standard play field and use a standard size pinball glass, unlike all the other (wico, brunswick and more) home pins of that era. These were sold in a retail situation and designed to be handled by dad and little johnny on x-mas day. But yes the cab body and back box have some modifications so that they work better in a home situation. I own 2 of these (not for sale) and love them, I like to think of them as an early 70's electro mechanical pin that has a logic board. Another neat thing, the later generations of the home models that had the larger back box with the plastic frame are mounted just a little bit off center with the body which will allow you to shoe horn the unit through a 24" wide door opening without removing the head. When these are serviced properly they are lightning fast and fun. Search "chopperthedog" on youtube, I have some random videos of both my home models. Good luck in your quest.

good day.

• Like 1

From a play field stand point, the bally home models do have a full size standard play field and use a standard size pinball glass, unlike all the other (wico, brunswick and more) home pins of that era. These were sold in a retail situation and designed to be handled by dad and little johnny on x-mas day. But yes the cab body and back box have some modifications so that they work better in a home situation. I own 2 of these (not for sale) and love them, I like to think of them as an early 70's electro mechanical pin that has a logic board. Another neat thing, the later generations of the home models that had the larger back box with the plastic frame are mounted just a little bit off center with the body which will allow you to shoe horn the unit through a 24" wide door opening without removing the head. When these are serviced properly they are lightning fast and fun. Search "chopperthedog" on youtube, I have some random videos of both my home models. Good luck in your quest.

good day.

Thank you for the reply and information.

I hope to find a Fireball home pin. I love the art work on the playfield , scoreboard and cab.

For the cheaper price of a home model, the Bally ones look like decent quality in comparison to the other branded ones of the era. I wish the affordable smaller 3/4th size ones like the late 1970s home pins were still made. Unfortunately the only home model ones made today are the ones made by Stern which cost thousands of dollars and are pretty much full size minus coin slot.

Thanks for wishing me luck.

Peace.

I'd go with Fireball as it's a fair knockoff of their own full size. I'd avoid stuff that isn't Bally from that period because the others from the 70s/80s were hot garbage with poorer layout and some makers would link both flipper buttons to one action, firing off both, which is just stupid and can get you lost balls. If you went more modern Zizzle had 2 Pirates of the Caribbean tables and 2 for Marvel super heroes too that are ok as they are stock, but they're highly customizable to be prettier throwing some LEDs and added toys in for fluff value.

• Like 1