Photo

New Transwarp GS being produced

9 replies to this topic

#1 spacecadet OFFLINE  

spacecadet

River Patroller

• 2,909 posts

Posted Sun May 27, 2018 3:43 PM

Didn't see a thread about this here, so just posting it for anyone's info: https://www.reactive...t/transwarp-gs/

Probably too rich for my blood, but in case anyone else is interested. It is still significantly cheaper than the last few original Transwarp GS cards went for on Ebay.

I was saying in another thread a few months ago that I wish somebody would make an updated accelerator card the way they're doing with memory, but I was expecting it to be like a $100-$200 card at this point. If it was even $200, I'd almost definitely preorder.

#2 Keatah ONLINE  

Keatah

Missile Commander

• 21,586 posts

Posted Sun May 27, 2018 4:02 PM

It is "expensive" because it is like the original, a clone. And that's to be expected.

#3 Byte Knight OFFLINE  

Byte Knight

Stargunner

• 1,116 posts
  • Robinett Rules!

Posted Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:35 AM

Agreed that this is out of the price range for most people.  If only a2heaven.com had a IIgs version of the FASTChip //e...

#4 polyex OFFLINE  

polyex

Chopper Commander

• 182 posts

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:32 AM

Have you asked him about perhaps doing one?

#5 GlowingGhoul OFFLINE  

GlowingGhoul

Moonsweeper

• 278 posts

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:27 AM

Have you asked him about perhaps doing one?

It's coming soon. 

#6 spacecadet OFFLINE  

spacecadet

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,909 posts

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:59 PM

It's coming soon. 

Really?? Man, I would definitely pay the price of the FASTChip for a IIGS version... that would be a day one preorder.

#7 rpiguy9907 ONLINE  

rpiguy9907

Chopper Commander

• 198 posts

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:50 PM

Sadly if it were as easy as accelerating an Apple II I think other options would have appeared on the market by now, or even back in the day. I hope A2Heaven can figure out a way to do it that is less costly than the Transwarp method, but I doubt a simple solution would achieve the level of compatibility that the Transwarp and ZipGS achieved.

#8 GlowingGhoul OFFLINE  

GlowingGhoul

Moonsweeper

• 278 posts

Posted Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:15 AM

Really?? Man, I would definitely pay the price of the FASTChip for a IIGS version... that would be a day one preorder.

Attached Files

#9 rpiguy9907 ONLINE  

rpiguy9907

Chopper Commander

• 198 posts

Posted Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:21 AM

Ultimate Micro Transwarp GS has been delayed at least another two to three months. This is very frustrating for those of us who paid in June for an estimated July delivery.

I wonder what their track record is on delivering products. I am starting to get nervous.

#10 Aunty Entity OFFLINE  

Aunty Entity

Space Invader

• 27 posts

Posted Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:00 AM

Ow that turns into over $560 of our oz-dollars.. If only Donald Trump had an Apple ][ you could get him to subsidise it. :P

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users