Photo

Intellivision Entertainment launching a NEW Intellivision console

538 replies to this topic

#526 First Spear OFFLINE  

First Spear

Stargunner

• 1,299 posts

Posted Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:56 AM

A re-imagined Space Hawk would be awesome. I played a lot of it when it was new (goes back to "that's all we had to play so of course we played it") but I think it's basically forgotten now. If it gets a good backstory and 2019 graphics and smoother play, it's a win as resembling Asteroids with an infinite play field. Maybe like http://atariage.com/forums/topic/263171-wishing-for-a-new-intellivision-game-space-squadron/?p=3715956 

(snip)

And this may ruffle some feathers...but take Space Hawk and give it better/clearer purpose and gameplay.

(snip)

#527 JasonlikesINTV OFFLINE  

JasonlikesINTV

Quadrunner

• 9,120 posts

Posted Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:04 AM

I can't claim to be the INTV faithful. I have a tiny collection and have not played as much INTV as I would have liked. However, I am a bigger Atari guy and I could only wish that the new Atari was going the direction that INTV is going.

I like cartridges, and I hate how my Xbox has to download everything. But that is maibly due to price point of if I pay $60 my disc should have the game on it...

Do you use maibly for the gap between maybe and probably? I frequently use maybably, which doesn't flow as well, but it's fun to say.

#528 Denicio OFFLINE  

Denicio

Chopper Commander

• 142 posts

Posted Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:24 AM

^^ This! I totally agree that this would be an awesome feature to be able to choose from playing the "classic" version or the "new" version at a whim. Great thought here and I hope this can be implemented in some fashion.

I just hope Data East gets their head out of their arses and lets Lock N Chase to be added.

Me and my dear old mom (RIP) played a TON of it back in the day. When i play it today i can hear her cackling laugh in my head..............

#529 1980gamer OFFLINE  

1980gamer

Dragonstomper

• 942 posts

Posted Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:46 PM

I just hope Data East gets their head out of their arses and lets Lock N Chase to be added.

Me and my dear old mom (RIP) played a TON of it back in the day. When i play it today i can hear her cackling laugh in my head..............

awesome memory of Mom!  May she rest in peace!

#530 MrBeefy OFFLINE  

MrBeefy

Stargunner

• 1,053 posts

Posted Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:16 PM

Do you use maibly for the gap between maybe and probably? I frequently use maybably, which doesn't flow as well, but it's fun to say.

I can't even count on my phone to catch stuff anymore. I guess it has just given up.

Let us go with mainly-maybe...

#531 JasonlikesINTV OFFLINE  

JasonlikesINTV

Quadrunner

• 9,120 posts

Posted Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:43 AM

I can't even count on my phone to catch stuff anymore. I guess it has just given up.

Let us go with mainly-maybe...

Well I'm going to start using it :)

On a side note, the inventor of autocorrect died recently. I never even knew he was I'll.

#532 JDog514 OFFLINE  

JDog514

Chopper Commander

• 237 posts

Posted Wed Aug 1, 2018 9:34 AM

Has there been any new developments that I may have missed?

#533 fdr4prez ONLINE  

fdr4prez

Stargunner

• 1,714 posts

Posted Wed Aug 1, 2018 4:01 PM

Has there been any new developments that I may have missed?

snooze you lose...they are all sold out and are impossible to find now :rolling:  |:)

#534 JBerel OFFLINE  

JBerel

Stargunner

• 1,029 posts

Posted Thu Aug 2, 2018 5:51 AM

I bought an extra I'm willing to sell you, but it ain't cheap.

#535 First Spear OFFLINE  

First Spear

Stargunner

• 1,299 posts

Posted Sun Aug 5, 2018 7:46 PM

I am now thinking that the console needs a light gun, or an equivalent "target shooting" thing with the controllers. I have no idea how it would be done at this juncture, but I think it's needed. Duck Hunt on the NES was a real attractor back in the day (not that shooting ducks for fun is that PC in 2018).

#536 First Spear OFFLINE  

First Spear

Stargunner

• 1,299 posts

Posted Sun Aug 5, 2018 7:47 PM

Maybe simulate throwing a discus with the controller. A player has to do the spin while the gyroscope in the controller tracks the movement and then pushing a side button does the release, and then on-screen the disc flies properly.

I am now thinking that the console needs a light gun, or an equivalent "target shooting" thing with the controllers. I have no idea how it would be done at this juncture, but I think it's needed. Duck Hunt on the NES was a real attractor back in the day (not that shooting ducks for fun is that PC in 2018).

#537 DZ-Jay OFFLINE  

DZ-Jay

Quadrunner

• 11,156 posts
  • The P-Machinery AGE is almost here!

Posted Tue Aug 7, 2018 4:48 AM

My understanding is that every single custom controller created in the past failed in the market because people do not seem to want to buy a special device for a limited set of games.  The only exception to this, as far as I know, was Guitar Hero.

-dZ.

#538 mr_me OFFLINE  

mr_me

River Patroller

• 3,254 posts

Posted Tue Aug 7, 2018 5:08 AM

And developers don't want to support something that's only a subset of the market. If the custom controller came bundled with every console sold that would be different.

#539 First Spear OFFLINE  

First Spear

Stargunner

• 1,299 posts

Posted Tue Aug 7, 2018 8:00 AM

How about something for the gamer's butt? :) 

http://atariage.com/...lity/?p=3172014

My understanding is that every single custom controller created in the past failed in the market because people do not seem to want to buy a special device for a limited set of games.  The only exception to this, as far as I know, was Guitar Hero.

-dZ.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users