IGNORED

Anyone Else Order One of the "Last 79 Bundles"?

There was mention that serial #1 is going to be auctioned. Perhaps these others will also be sold via eBay with other enticements - sugar to draw the flies so to speak. ;) Intellivision Productions has become active on eBay and seems to be quite responsive about sending out items.

Looks like the new management is clearing out inventory. This was a smart way to do it. Seems like Keith R was hoarding some items; first Intellivision Rocks CDs and now the Flashbacks.

Or perhaps they were just not selling. Those things have been on the store for several years. Perhaps Keith didn't feel like squeezing more cash from his regular customer base by just making yet another bundle and calling it a new product. Just sayin'...

True, Flashbacks were selling on ebay for under $30 but Rocks CDs were rare and went for much higher than $30; he sat on those for years.

Edit:

I don't think the HiFi Cd's ever came off the store. But the Rocks CDs sold out years ago. Maybe it was a misplaced stash like DZ says.

Edited by mr_me

True, Flashbacks were selling on ebay for under $30 but Rocks CDs were rare and went for much higher than $30; he sat on those for years.

But they were in the store, no? I remember them being there like forever, along with the "Hi-Fi" CDs, going through sale after sale to get them moving, as if nobody wanted them. At some point they got a sleeve to sell at some game-con, and then Keith put them on sale again after the event, signed and all, suggesting that he had a hard time trying to get rid of it.

I don't remember if they went out of stock recently, but if they did, I am more inclined to think that old stock was found due to bad inventory management, than Keith trying to "hoard them for years," for some strange reason. Occam's Razor and all that. ;)

-dZ.

I think their operation was very small -- just Keith and maybe some part-time helpers. At least that's the sense I got from the speed of their customer service over the years. :-)

I choose to think they're clearing out the old stuff to make room for the new project. I'm cautiously optimistic about the new system under discussion and want to learn more about it.

• Like 2

I remember buying one of the Rocks CDs a few years ago. At the time, Intellivision Productions said they were selling the last of their inventory.

Having tackled just part of the horror that is my home "office", I can totally understand how you think you've found the last secret stash of things... Then a year later, find out that something had gone and crawled off into some corner and managed to hook up and reproduce. It's surely never due to faulty memory or general disorder, disorganized mayhem or anything like that.

EDIT: Now, if the things that reproduced were something besides Coleco Donkey Kong carts, broken hard drives, or silverfish-nibbled warranty cards, maybe it would be more exciting and a greater inducement to keep digging... Alas.

• Like 1