IGNORED

a couple ibm gameport to 5200 adapters

bohoki

BTW, I may have found an answer to your 5200 mouse search. This $15 adapter lets you use any Atari ST or Amiga mouse as a joystick mouse with your Masterplay clone without any additional power needed. I recently got a masterplay clone, so I know it works. Its the only joystick mouse adapter (e.g. C64 1350 mouse) I know where both the left and right buttons work. The TOM adapter worked on my 2600 and 7800, but not the 5200 masterplay clone. I Also have a Rys MkII usb to Amiga adapter from the European Amiga Store that you can plug into the first adapter and use a USB mouse, which works better than the ball mouse, but the 5200 doesn't have enough current for all the adapters together, so you have to use a USB splitter cable and a USB power source. I have a Quickshot Atari/Amiga mouse that works good for a ball mouse. It's good if you already have a good Atari or ST mouse. I'm also going to try the optical amiga mouse to see if it works as an optical mouse with no extra power with the $15 adapter I mentioned.

P.S. This does NOT work with Missile Command, you only get full up/down/left/right, but seems to would with everything else.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amiga-Atari-ST-Mouse-Adapter-Converter-For-Amstrad-Commodore-Atari-Joystick-Port/273069157318?hash=item3f9430abc6:g:KiUAAOSwtDdahB1K

http://amigakit.amiga.store/product_info.php?products_id=1272

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B06XCLBM2P/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

https://amigakit.amiga.store/product_info.php?products_id=1311

I have one and I think ave1 has one, also. They do work. They work great for Star Wars Arcade. I need to try some other games as well.

I am interested in pole postioin. If it works as a steering wheel.

Or maybe this will work.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-THRUSTMASTER-Nascar-Charger-RACING-WHEEL-PC-Vintage-Joystick-Game-Port-486/263669526193?hash=item3d63edaeb1:g:pdIAAOSwadda8Ufm

I tried out the G-Force Plus with PP2 and it works pretty good. You use fire button on the top of the wheel handle for gas and you pulls back on the wheel to shift up or push forward to shift down.

And what about the one with the foot pedals. Would that work?

Short answer: No

Long answer:

I don't know, but I would say there is over a 90% chance that the gas/brake pedals will control up/down (shifting) and the shifter would be either buttons 1 and 2 or 3 and 4 (gas/brake or no function). That is how I think all of the old PC gameport wheels work. I don't know if flipping the wiring would work to correct the functions or if you would also need converter circuits added to go from analog to digital for gas/brake and digital to analog for the shifter. Also no idea what the clutch would do, but probably nothing.

• 5 months later...

Do you build to order your PC 15-pin -> 5200 adapters, or do you only sell them if you have them already built up. It says $12 including S/H to anywhere in the US, Do I get a shipping discount if I buy 2 at once? I'd llke to buy 2, especially if there's savings in shipping in buying 2.

If you connect the two adapters below to bohoki's adapter, you can remap the controls on a playstation 1 or 2 stick any way you want.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Commodore-64-Amiga-CD32-Atari-playstation-adapter-PSX-joypad-joystick-interface/223257361780?hash=item33fb2cfd74:g:wW4AAOSwsPNb-Aff:rk:9:pf:0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amiga-Atari-Amstrad-Commodore-Sega-9Pin-Joystick-to-PC-15Pin-Port-Usb-support/272348471848?hash=item3f693be228:g:Df4AAOSwUd9aaMnL:rk:22:pf:0

Actually, I got a guy who can do direct wiring to DE37 connectors, and I bought a Digital 15-pin joypad, I would just connect the raw DE37 joystick adapter pad hacked into the PC digital pad and then output to 15-pin, and then connect that into a Bohoki adapter.

In general, the less conversions in the chain, the more likely the conversions work, so converting form PS2 (which may not fit my needs, bnecase I need the D-Pad for my fight stick, not the left stick, and the PS2 pad converters are tested with the left sticks, not d-pads.).to 15-pin, to 5200, would be one too many steps. It may work, but no one tested the PS2 adapter with a Standard d-pad or a digital fight stick.

I know the joypad will convert the digitial actuators to an analog signal automatically without having to hire some to do analog digitizations, because this joystick has the right innards already in there, becuase I know Pc 15-pin is natively 2 axis analog.

Actually, I got a guy who can do direct wiring to DE37 connectors, and I bought a Digital 15-pin joypad, I would just connect the raw DE37 joystick adapter pad hacked into the PC digital pad and then output to 15-pin, and then connect that into a Bohoki adapter.

In general, the less conversions in the chain, the more likely the conversions work, so converting form PS2 (which may not fit my needs, bnecase I need the D-Pad for my fight stick, not the left stick, and the PS2 pad converters are tested with the left sticks, not d-pads.).to 15-pin, to 5200, would be one too many steps. It may work, but no one tested the PS2 adapter with a Standard d-pad or a digital fight stick.

I know the joypad will convert the digitial actuators to an analog signal automatically without having to hire some to do analog digitizations, because this joystick has the right innards already in there, becuase I know Pc 15-pin is natively 2 axis analog.

Well, I know it works with the dpad on my PS2 dual shock unless you turn analog on, because I have tried it, but you can do what you want.

Hi! Would you know this one work with adapter? I tried it and it does partially work. Everything appears to work correctly, but the controller never centers. You can go up and down, but it will constantly go down if you let go. Fire buttons work perfectly. Left and right also working correctly. It is only the y axis the problem. Any ideas? Not sure if the controller might be the problem. I bought it from Ebay....seller say it worked fine, I am not sure how I can confirm it.

Thanks for your input!

post-44601-0-55080400-1543543093_thumb.jpeg

post-44601-0-08938600-1543543120_thumb.jpeg

Update, the joystick works fine in emulation, therefore it must be an issue with 5200 hardware. Any comments or suggestions?

Resistance is off relative to the 5200. Does the controller have axis trims?

Edit: Clearly it does from images I looked at. Adjust the y trim.

Hi, thanks or your response. The controller does have x and y trims, but adjusting them does not make any difference. I tried it.

Should I open the 5200 and adjust the centering pot?

Thanks!

That is odd. The trims usually can fix such issues.

Is the control down all the way but centered in x-axis or all the way down and to the right?

Are the cross-hairs centered in Missile command with a standard controller centered? If so, I would think the console pot wouldn't need adjusting.

Did you try cranking the y trim all the way in both directions?

Can you try it with Missile Command? What does it look like? Does the x trim change anything with the x-direction in Missile command?

I don't have one of these. Hopefully someone here does and will chime in on their experience.

I have a 15 pin Quickshot flightstick ("Intruder") which cannot get properly centered (even with trim adjustments) on the 5200 when used with the PC 15 pin to 5200 controller adapter. I thought the controller was defective, but then I found another Intruder and it has the exact same problem. I think these work on a PC okay, but just aren't suited for use on the 5200.

Probably the same situation as your flight yoke.

Edited by ave1