IGNORED

208 in 1 detail pics and description

sku_u

Unfortunately, the ROM for most of the games on the 208 in 1 system were not dumped because of the wierd circuitry of the system, including one game no one has identified as of yet.

The mystery game, number 87 on the main menu, is a pretty intersting game to play.

The goal of the game is to move your man up one of 8 sets of ladders and platforms to get to the top and gather three different kinds of treasure: A plus sign, a minus sign and a sword. It is only possible to move the man in one pattern once leaving the bottom. The trick is to figure out the pattern and make it to the top and bottom before time runs out. Once you gather one of these treasures, your task is to make it back down the same way you went up without being hit by a space ship or one of the bombs being dropped from overhead from one of two birds. Once making it back to the bottom, the counter resets and you can proceed to move up another set of ladders and platforms to get another treasure.

There are several ways to score points in this game:

1. Making it to the top and getting a treasure.

2. Once gaining a sword, the screen goes black and you can move around freely killing ships until time runs down or you touch the bottom of the screen. If time runs down before touching the bottom, you lose a life.

3. After getting the plus sign, destroying one ship on your way back down to the bottom.

I haven't made it through one screen, and I'm not sure if the minus signs do if anything.

Here are some better detail pics of the game. Maybe someone will recognize it:

post-2394-1054759251_thumb.jpg

post-2394-1054759252_thumb.jpg

Datatech Enterprises Co LTD is a Taiwanese company. I have a game (thanks to Rick!) called Seal to Whales, which reminds of Pengo. The screen on the game says Homevision.

My guess is yours may be a Homevision game as well, which would make it an original game, most likely. Too bad we don't have a complete listing of all games in the Homevision library - a real mythical company!

Cheers,

Marco

I just figured out how to clear a level. the object is to get the three pluses and return to the bottom of the screen. The swords I guess are added for bonus points. The minuses take away 300 points from your total score each time you get one. I also learned that the ships start blinking when you get the pluses and you can grab them for extra points on your way back down.

In between rounds, there is an intermission screen that is similar to the main screen.

Unfortunately. I do not.  That's why I was hoping the game could be dumped.

Hmmm. Well, if you have a VCR, you could video tape it, and mail the tape to me. I'll capture images off it for you. PM me if you're interested. (S-VHS or Mini-DV would be best, but VHS will do.)

It's kind of amusing how Turbo received so much attention when it was "discovered," but when a previously unknown game actually does turn up, nobody gives a sh*t :D

Maybe if I changed the title people would actually notice :ponder:

heck yea, a new vintage 2600 game from 83 that was never known before, now thats NEWS. That's awesome. now where can we all get one of these 208-in-1s? and whats the system called ? who made it? :-)

The 208 in 1 is a menu-driven Atari 2600 Jr. clone with 256 built in games. It is called the 2600 Screen Search. Games 209-256 are all repeats. The box gives descriptions in 6 different languages, but there's no indication as to where the game system was made, although it was probably made in Taiwan. It is compatable with NTSC TVs, although a few of the games do roll suggesting that the format is PAL-M. I got mine from someone in Mexico. Unfortunately, the instruction manual and game list described as included on the box was not available, making identifying the actual names of some of the games very difficult. All of the games are either Activision hacks, 20th Century Fox hacks, original games available in Europe or original games available in North America. Of all of the games, the one that was previously unknown is #87 on the menu select.

I googled for "atari 2600 "Screen Search" " and found a brazilian website (currently down, but the cache still works).

There they have a Taiwanese (or Brazilian?) console listed as:

Video Computer Console 2600 Screen search 255 built-in games (Ione Yuan Telephonic Enterprise)

Is that the same?

It might be. It's hard to say from the description. I'll take some box pics and post them tonight.

The game's name I took directly from the box. I don't understand why a 208 in 1 would have 256 built-ins, though as this one does.

I think it is the same as described. Here the the older thread where I posted pictures of the interior:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.p...ghlight=#287463

The motherboard (is that terminology correct?) says Jone Yuan Telephonic Enterprise, Co., Inc.

The exterior casing has Made in Taiwan imprinted in it, but it's a jr. casing, so that probably doesn'r mean anything.

This is the only site I could find that even mentions this company:

http://schema99.host.sk/FCCID/fcc_id_d.html

I tried the FCC code and it doesn't work. At any rate, that compnay might have only made the board and not had anything to do with creating the actual system.

Archived