IGNORED

best emulator with Difficulty A and B options?

ComputerSpaceFan

Hi there, I am looking to make a control console dedicated to play Activision's Space Shuttle game. My hope was to build some kind of pseudo NASA like panel of switches and hook them up to something playing Space Shuttle so I can get a more visceral experience out of the title.

But while my original plan was to somehow use Wii2600 on my Wii since that easily takes USB keyboard control I think the snag is Wii2600 doesn't have Difficulty A or B built in and anyone who has played Space Shuttle knows you absolutely need access to the difficulty switches to play that game.

So now I'm thinking maybe PiVCS on a Raspberry Pi instead?

Anyone already dabbled in this area and could give me advice? I still don't quite know how I'm going to turn physical buttons into something the emulator will understand. I guess buy a KeyWiz or ControlBlock maybe? Or I could try to hack an old USB keyboard I suppose, never really done that before.

...I think the snag is Wii2600 doesn't have Difficulty A or B built in and anyone who has played Space Shuttle knows you absolutely need access to the difficulty switches to play that game.

Wii2600 is a port of Stella 2.7.2.

The Difficulty Switch mappings are accessibly through the "Stella menu". In fact, all console and controller inputs can be remapped from that menu.

Screen capture below is located under the 'apps\wii2600\docs\graphics' path, from the wii2600-0_2.zip archive, provided at the "Wii2600 - WiiBrew" site:

post-18-0-29116900-1528024128.png

Per the aforementioned site, the "Stella menu" is accessible by pressing the Home button while "In-game" (AKA a ROM is loaded). Navigating instructions under the "Stella menu" is explained at the same website linked to earlier.