John Perkins's Blue Ram Notebook

Bally Arcade Astrocade Blue Ram Perkins Enginerring Expansion

No replies to this topic

#1 ballyalley OFFLINE  

ballyalley

Stargunner

• 1,745 posts

Posted Thu Jun 7, 2018 2:49 PM

It's rare that I find new-to-me Bally related items that I didn't know existed in any form.  While looking on Archive.org today, I found a 24-page hand-written notebook that John Perkins wrote to "Bob" (I presume, Bob Fabris, the editor of the Bally Arcade/Astrocade Arcadian newsletter) when the Blue Ram was still in development (probably around 1980).  The Blue Ram is a RAM expansion unit.  You can read John's notebook here:

https://archive.org/...ue_RAM_Notebook

This notebook was uploaded by "Sketch the Cow" on November 12, 2015.  I wonder how he came about acquiring it?

I have transcribed the first page of the notebook:

"Bob -

"This notebook is intended to provide you with a glimpse of the potential of our 'Blue Ram' accessory.  The full potential is too vast to be adequately treated in a book 10 times the size.  This is because the 'Blue Box' provides the Bally Arcade with many of the features of a normal personal computer about which volumes have already been written.  What I hope to provide here is a sketch of what the 'Blue Box' can do as well as some sample "experimental" applications."

The notebook provides quite a few details and sketches.  This is a great find!

Adam

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bally Arcade, Astrocade, Blue Ram, Perkins Enginerring, Expansion

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users