IGNORED

Trying to fix my TI-99/4A

RenegadeR

Hello Guys,

I am trying to get back into the TI-99/4A which was my first computer and this is where my love for programming started.

So I bought one from a local website and I was very happy to see that it looked amazing but the problem is that it doesn't boot I just got a black screen and continuous beeping sound, and after I told the seller he did not replay back :(

I have been trying some stuff to fix it, after looking at a couple of threads here and getting some troubleshooting manuals I ordered a TMS9929ANL from ebay and replaced it and the problem is the same, also I saw some people mention the MCM6810P ram chips so I also ordered those and replaced them and still it acts the same.

Could it be the GROMs? I cannot find them anywhere, the CD2155NL, CD2156NL and the CD2157NL does anyone have some of these and are willing to sell them?

Anyways any kind of help is welcome, I already got my FinalGROM 99 cartridge from the amazing Ralph Benzinger but that will have to wait until my TI-99/4A works.

Thanks!

Rene

• Like 1

Thanks!

And I am happy to tell you that my TI-99/4A is fixed now!!

So it seems it was one of those MCM6810P, now it works perfectly :D also the FinalGROM 99 is amazing all the games that I never could buy when I was young I can play now.

Can't play many of the homebrew as it seems you need 32K for that so that will be my next purchase.

• Like 3