IGNORED

Gyruss for Intellivision?

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of our little community,arcade 124 when did you decide to come in here,and what do you play on / or collect for the intellivision?

Of course,welcome by the way! :)

Well, I've only been a part of it since this past spring, but I've been following it much longer. Same for the CV and 7800 communities, I'm not even in them to this day but still follow them.

I tell you my theory on why the price of Tutankham and Super Cobra dropped down.

Do you know why they were pricey and sometimes still are? Because of their rarity? No, wrong answer. Those two games are not rare in the UK nor in France. They are surely more common than Motocross and Loco-motion over there. This is a fact.

My theory is that they were pricey and still are sometimes because of their rarity in North America where Tutankham wasn't distributed and Super Cobra went in a very low number and only in Canada.

Until some years ago many collectors in North America and sellers in Europe weren't familiar with overseas deals. Those who were exploited this situation and gained some extra money. I personally resold two or three copies of Super Cobra to overseas buyers three-four times the price I paid to get them (my sincere apologies if some of you are here now: at that time reselling the extras was the only way for me to get the resources to increment my collection and to keep on bringing the food home).

Now that the most eBayers have become more familiar with International deals, that there are more tools to protect from frauds and, above all, the most North American collectors own their own copies of Tutankham and Super Cobra the prices are going back to normality.

Tower of Doom is and will always be much rarer than Tutankham and Super Cobra, even though its price has always been lower.

In any case, I believe the1hatman doesn't get only a couple of people with him. But even if there were only two, they are the best :P

If they are common over in the UK and France, than how exactly is there not a single copy of Super Cobra coming from either and only a single copy of Tutankham coming from each on eBay? And how are they still expensive at all? Yes, they've dropped down quite a bit as I've discussed, but if they're truly as common as you say they shouldn't be more than $50-$60 CIB, and that's being generous.

I'll give you the point about most North American collectors having the two, as all except one copy of Super Cobra seem to be coming from there, but again: why aren't they lower? This on its own wouldn't make it as cheap as I just stated, however combined with its commonality in the UK and France it'd be even cheaper.

Of course, those are eBay prices, but they rarely pop up here and haven't done so in quite a while. When they do, they're usually not much cheaper. There's not any European auction sites I can find that have them for cheaper.

How exactly do you explain all this?

Tutankham France: https://www.ebay.fr/sch/i.html?_odkw=intellivision+super+cobra&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=intellivision+tutankham&_sacat=0

Super Cobra France: https://www.ebay.fr/sch/i.html?_odkw=intellivision+tutankham&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=intellivision+super+cobra&_sacat=0

Tutankham UK: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=intellivision+tutankham&_sacat=0

Super Cobra UK: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=intellivision+tutankham&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC2.A0.H0.Xintellivision+super+cobra.TRS0&_nkw=intellivision+super+cobra&_sacat=0

Edited by arcade124

There's something happening here

What it is ain't exactly clear

There's a man with a gun over there

Telling me I got to beware

I think it's time we stop, children, what's that sound

Everybody look what's going down

There's battle lines being drawn

Nobody's right if everybody's wrong

Young people speaking their minds

Getting so much resistance from behind

It's time we stop, hey, what's that sound

Everybody look what's going down

Does anyone know how many of these sold so far?

There has to be a major price drop at some point,$160. Is ridiculous stolen rom or not.

Who cares , its ridiculous to even suggest a price drop or anything regarding this game.

The only thing for this games is for the community to reject it/them out right and to have the games burned.

No Justifying or promoting such a shit show is really acceptable after what went on and is/will still go because of

this type of thinking.

This game is produced by pirates and scammers trying to speculate on dumb collectors willing to buy boxes rather than games

Hey! Who you calling "dumb". I have been buying, selling and collecting Intellivision since 1980. I have put three kids through college supported in part by funds from buying and selling. I have put together 3 different complete (125 game) collections and sold enough separate games for many other "dumb" collectors to build their collections. So if supporting you by buying games that you wrote is "dumb" then I'm glad I am smart enough to have heart problems and used my Intellivision collection to pay doctor bills. You will have to excuse me now, I am going to ebay to see about buying Gyruss.

Hey! Who you calling "dumb". I have been buying, selling and collecting Intellivision since 1980. I have put three kids through college supported in part by funds from buying and selling. I have put together 3 different complete (125 game) collections and sold enough separate games for many other "dumb" collectors to build their collections. So if supporting you by buying games that you wrote is "dumb" then I'm glad I am smart enough to have heart problems and used my Intellivision collection to pay doctor bills. You will have to excuse me now, I am going to ebay to see about buying Gyruss.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

So you're basically saying you wouldn't hesitate in dealing with partly pirated software in order to pay for your kids' education?

Define "Partly pirated software", is if kind of like the phrase "partly pregnant"? I don't know if I would buy it to pay for education but I might buy it out of spite. I don't play many games and have never played any home brew game yet... that may change... but hey, I'm young there's still time.

Hey, just kidding here, I have been reading the drama for 6 months now and am becoming indifferent to it. After reading both sides of the issue it seems to me to be a Supreme Court issue. It will never be resolved here, it will only get lip service (take "lip service" any way you want).

Well, I've only been a part of it since this past spring, but I've been following it much longer. Same for the CV and 7800 communities, I'm not even in them to this day but still follow them.

If they are common over in the UK and France, than how exactly is there not a single copy of Super Cobra coming from either and only a single copy of Tutankham coming from each on eBay? And how are they still expensive at all? Yes, they've dropped down quite a bit as I've discussed, but if they're truly as common as you say they shouldn't be more than $50-$60 CIB, and that's being generous.

I'll give you the point about most North American collectors having the two, as all except one copy of Super Cobra seem to be coming from there, but again: why aren't they lower? This on its own wouldn't make it as cheap as I just stated, however combined with its commonality in the UK and France it'd be even cheaper.

Of course, those are eBay prices, but they rarely pop up here and haven't done so in quite a while. When they do, they're usually not much cheaper. There's not any European auction sites I can find that have them for cheaper.

How exactly do you explain all this?

Tutankham France: https://www.ebay.fr/sch/i.html?_odkw=intellivision+super+cobra&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=intellivision+tutankham&_sacat=0

Super Cobra France: https://www.ebay.fr/sch/i.html?_odkw=intellivision+tutankham&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=intellivision+super+cobra&_sacat=0

Tutankham UK: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=intellivision+tutankham&_sacat=0

Super Cobra UK: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=intellivision+tutankham&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC2.A0.H0.Xintellivision+super+cobra.TRS0&_nkw=intellivision+super+cobra&_sacat=0

don't look at the open auctions or listings.

The lists of the sold games will tell you another story:

Super Cobra UK: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=intellivision%20super%20cobra&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Tutankham UK: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=intellivision%20tutankham&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Super Cobra France:https://www.ebay.fr/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=intellivision+super+cobra&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Tutankham France: https://www.ebay.fr/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=intellivision+tutankham&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

By the way I never said they are common in France and UK. I said they are not rare, that is different

• Like 2

Does anyone know how many of these sold so far?

Between November 15 and December 12, there are 10 finished listings on eBay. If it means successful sales is hard to tell, likewise if it has been sold elsewhere but it gives you a figure. He also posted a picture of his collection where could be seen he had put aside 2 copies for his own collection.

Well, even so, it doesn't detract from the numerous other reasons I explained as to why a crash is coming.

Define "Partly pirated software", is if kind of like the phrase "partly pregnant"? I don't know if I would buy it to pay for education but I might buy it out of spite. I don't play many games and have never played any home brew game yet... that may change... but hey, I'm young there's still time.

Hey, just kidding here, I have been reading the drama for 6 months now and am becoming indifferent to it. After reading both sides of the issue it seems to me to be a Supreme Court issue. It will never be resolved here, it will only get lip service (take "lip service" any way you want).

Even if it's never directly resolved here, it can (and should) stand as a lesson for anyone who considers doing this. And if you do as you said go on eBay and buy Gyruss, you are only fueling the crash which I have described in detail.

Great response, I love it.

And now the sad truth: The number of topics which went down like this was growing the last couple of years in the Intellivision Community. In many cases I was a huge part off the problem, but its funny too see that the community doesnt need me to be sick of each other :lol:

And another sad fact: Also the number of rip-off Brews has grown. Melk the cow as quick as possible, because tomorrow its maybe too late.