Nintoaster for sell on Ebay

8 replies to this topic

#1 nalgman OFFLINE  

nalgman

Combat Commando

• 7 posts

Posted Fri Jun 8, 2018 2:21 PM

Hello Guys.

I forgot to post my latest listing on ebay.

It has a few hours left. These are for help me to pay the school for my kids.

Thank you.

https://www.ebay.com...984.m1555.l2649

#2 Shawn OFFLINE  

Shawn

The Kraken

• 18,199 posts

Posted Fri Jun 8, 2018 10:28 PM

"Nintoaster" is normally used to describe an NES that has been fitted into an actual toaster.

The title is pretty much clickbait IMHO. You have sold "505 units" so I don't think you need to poach

listing veiws from AtariAge. I mean you have one of the biggest video game stores on Ebay after all.

#3 Bratwurst OFFLINE  

Bratwurst

Stargunner

• 1,179 posts

Posted Sat Jun 9, 2018 7:32 AM

Shawn, it's that ebay 'feature' that misdirects you to a similar listing of something that's still available for purchase. The original listing that nalgman linked to is legit, a toasted modded into an NES. ;)

#4 Osgeld OFFLINE  

Osgeld

Quadrunner

• 5,719 posts

Posted Sat Jun 9, 2018 7:36 AM

yea I really hate that "feature" it makes it hard especially if you are looking at completed listings to try and see what a fair market price is, click on a 486 it takes you to an atari xe (cause both have xe in the name as in the case of my compaq deskpro xe 450) 

anyway yes the original listing was for a nintoaster if you look at the top it says "the original listing is no longer available" listing is a link to the freaking thing you wanted to look at in the first place 

and it was a nice looking job to boot

Edited by Osgeld, Sat Jun 9, 2018 7:36 AM.

#5 Shawn OFFLINE  

Shawn

The Kraken

• 18,199 posts

Posted Sat Jun 9, 2018 10:21 AM

Shawn, it's that ebay 'feature' that misdirects you to a similar listing of something that's still available for purchase. The original listing that nalgman linked to is legit, a toasted modded into an NES. ;)

OK thanks for the info.

For anyone looking for the actual toaster mentioned in the original post: 

#6 Kosmic Stardust OFFLINE  

Kosmic Stardust

Princess Rescuer

• 17,794 posts

Posted Sat Jun 9, 2018 10:26 AM

Here's a better link. $250, heluva good looking mod.
https://m.ebay.com/i...em=273273696945

Edit:Shawn beat me to it. :P

#7 nalgman OFFLINE  

nalgman

Combat Commando

• Topic Starter
  • 7 posts

Posted Sat Jun 9, 2018 5:17 PM

Here's a better link. $250, heluva good looking mod.
https://m.ebay.com/i...em=273273696945

Edit:Shawn beat me to it. :P

Hello Guys,,

Yes,, The Original auction that I posted already ended, 

Today I shipped the sold Nintoaster. and the remaining one I re-listed on ebay on yesterday.

Every Toaster took me months to build. but there are good looking Original Nintendos.

Some people ask me what I use for the cartridge slot... I dont like the Game Genie slot...
I use instead a New Edge Slot, it's like the top loader slot but with gold coating pins "better ones ;)"

Edited by nalgman, Sat Jun 9, 2018 5:31 PM.

#8 Osgeld OFFLINE  

Osgeld

Quadrunner

• 5,719 posts

Posted Sat Jun 9, 2018 6:44 PM

Every Toaster took me months to build. but there are good looking Original Nintendos.

I made one and yes it took me months of poking at it, it looks simple but there's a metric ton of little details you got to figure out to make it all fit and work right 

#9 Kosmic Stardust OFFLINE  

Kosmic Stardust

Princess Rescuer

• 17,794 posts

Posted Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:18 PM

Hello Guys,,

Yes,, The Original auction that I posted already ended, 
Today I shipped the sold Nintoaster. and the remaining one I re-listed on ebay on yesterday.
Some people ask me what I use for the cartridge slot... I dont like the Game Genie slot...
I use instead a New Edge Slot, it's like the top loader slot but with gold coating pins "better ones ;)"

Glad to hear you're not destroying old Genies. I hate when people butcher good functional stuff for some small component or part.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users