Photo

Best PlayStation system

PS1 PS2 PS3 PS4

32 replies to this topic

Poll: PlayStation poll (46 member(s) have cast votes)

Best PlayStation system

1. PlayStation 1 (15 votes [32.61%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.61%

2. PlayStation 2 (18 votes [39.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.13%

3. PlayStation 3 (10 votes [21.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.74%

4. PlayStation 4/Pro (3 votes [6.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 Flojomojo ONLINE  

Flojomojo

Use With Paddle Controllers

• 13,140 posts

Posted Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:11 PM

The first generation backwards compatible PS3 is the king of the hill amongst Playstations for me.

You get to play many PS1 and 2 games with the added quality of HDMI, you have a BluRay player and being able to use Youtube and many streaming services over Wifi. Only bummer is the limited HDD size.

The HDD was easy to swap out, though. I loved my fat PS3 until it died. Sigh. "Super slim" doesn't do as much, but you know what? No time for video games anyway. Sad face. 

#27 Tanooki OFFLINE  

Tanooki

River Patroller

• 4,490 posts

Posted Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:36 PM

All these comments edging around a pick shouldn't be allowed I don't think.  We're trying to navigate this on what the system does as far as its games and its library goes.  Throwing in BC and extreme BC (early PS3 models) just seems a bit sketchy dodging a pick when you can have all 3 rolled into one.

#28 zzip OFFLINE  

zzip

River Patroller

• 2,466 posts

Posted Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:58 AM

The PS4 is the only one I ever owned, so... PS4

#29 Lost Dragon OFFLINE  

Lost Dragon

River Patroller

• 2,890 posts

Posted Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:19 AM

Owned every Playstation from the original to the current and it has to be the original Playstation in terms of sheer impact it had on myself.

I was literally blown away by the fact a home console could deliver visuals like those in Ridge Racer and Tohshinden. .plus i lost count of the number of times i ran the T-Rex demo

The term Next Generation had never seemed so apt.

However i wasn't one of those 'Graphics Tarts' that Sega Europe made reference of at times, either...

I was pouring hours into games like Xcom and Terror From The Deep, Command And Conquer, Capcom Generations, Strider, Bubble Bobble/Rainbow Islands etc, just as much as I was the likes of Wipeout 2097, Colony Wars Vengeance, G-Police etc.

I hated Tomb Raider..Soul Reaver was THE game for myself.

But also it was the PS1 that got me into Import gaming..Parasite Eve..Einhander, uncensored Silent Hill, Xenogears. ..

Sony also weren't complacent back then..which they were during the Playstation 2 era and i fear they are returning to with the Playstation 4 era..

They understood they were competing not just agains't rival hardware..be it the Saturn or N64 (Jaguar/Jag CD never seen as a real threat..3DO M2 had yet to appear) but a pair of designer trainers..or mixing decks or anything else the target age group would spend their disposable income on.

I miss the PS1 era Sony.

#30 digdugnate OFFLINE  

digdugnate

Stargunner

• 1,472 posts

Posted Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:13 AM

i had a PS1 in college- my roommate and I spent HOURS on that thing that probably we should've spent studying for classes, lol. 

I also have lots of nostalgic feelings for the PS2 since that was the system we had when our daughter was born.  That girl did. not. sleep, so my wife and i spent many many hours playing RPGs on it :)

#31 dj_convoy OFFLINE  

dj_convoy

Dragonstomper

• 703 posts

Posted Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:54 AM

Probably the PS2 (unless you have a nice original fat PS3 as alluded to upthread). Ridiculous number of games, solid and reliable... also a stealth DVD player (when that was important)... a winner. 

#32 0078265317 OFFLINE  

Quadrunner

• 6,000 posts

Posted Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:40 PM

3 because early 20gb ps3s were backwards compatible with 1 and 2 games.

#33 BawesomeBurf OFFLINE  

BawesomeBurf

Chopper Commander

• 107 posts
  • Metal Slime

Posted Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:25 PM

This may come as a shock to you, but I'm going to pick PS1. There were so many great RPGs on the system, and a lot of games that were the best in the series IMO, like Gran Turismo 2, Castlevania: SotN, Final Fantasy Tactics, Xenogears, Crash Bandicoot 2, Tomb Raider 2, etc.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users