IGNORED

Colecovision Edladdin Super Arcade Controller question

Hastor

I recently got the Super Arcade Controller plus from Edladdin. Haven't had much luck emailing them. Could someone tell me what the on/off switch on the back does? Had no effect on my tests. Based on pictures of the inside it looks like it goes to a battery holder perhaps. Anyone tell me what this is for??

I recently got the Super Arcade Controller plus from Edladdin. Haven't had much luck emailing them. Could someone tell me what the on/off switch on the back does? Had no effect on my tests. Based on pictures of the inside it looks like it goes to a battery holder perhaps. Anyone tell me what this is for??

LED's in buttons, joystick, if they are translucent?

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/274101-can-the-5v-line-in-the-7800-controller/?p=3931447

or to control some erroneous signaling:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/248111-edladdin-colecovision-controller-kickstarter-now-live/?p=3733423

There's already one in it, but the switch has had no effect. I guess if I run into any issues I'll give it a try, and leave it off until then.

Have you tried Defender? On some ColecoVision consoles there was apparently a power drain from the joystick to the keypad so they added a battery to keep consistent joystick power. If there is no change, it may be that you don't have one of the finicky consoles. One effect was the game pausing with some ten games including Defender.

There's already one in it, but the switch has had no effect. I guess if I run into any issues I'll give it a try, and leave it off until then.

You could just PM Edladdin directly, since I am guessing you have no explanation as to the purpose of the switch or battery in the manual.

I emailed them a couple of times, have another controller on order as well, however haven't gotten a response in some time. Haven't tried a PM here yet. Did ask in the forum linked to above so gonna see if someone answers there.

There isn't a manual I can locate.

I emailed them a couple of times, have another controller on order as well, however haven't gotten a response in some time. Haven't tried a PM here yet. Did ask in the forum linked to above so gonna see if someone answers there.

There isn't a manual I can locate.

See the bottom half of this post for your answer, where the heading says "Problem Uncovered":

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/248111-edladdin-colecovision-controller-kickstarter-now-live/?p=3612281