Photo

worst Intellivision games

intellivision bad games

40 replies to this topic

#26 BassGuitari ONLINE  

BassGuitari

Glorified Toaster

• 6,542 posts
  • Remember how bright the future used to look?

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:41 PM

First of all, anybody who thinks Pac-Man is one of the worst Intellivision games is on crack.

Second, Zaxxon isn't too bad a game for what it is: a weird arcade port that took some creative (and possibly necessary) liberties with the source material but which manages to be a fun, playable game nonetheless. The Atari 2600-esque graphics could have used a little more detail, but at least they're clean and pleasant to look at. The lack of isometry isn't a deal breaker since it was essentially a gimmick in the first place, and I'm not a huge fan of the arcade version anyway.

Donkey Kong is sort of interesting to me. It's a bad game by basically every possible measure. But...if it was just what you had or you were stuck with it, or you forced yourself to spend time with it for some reason, it's still possible to derive some modest enjoyment from it. I would even rather play Donkey Kong than Carnival, Space Hawk, Bomb Squad, Vectron, Locomotion, or Donkey Kong Junior, to name a few.

Edited by BassGuitari, Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:42 PM.

#27 Intymike ONLINE  

Intymike

River Patroller

• 2,900 posts

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:58 PM

. I would even rather play Donkey Kong than Carnival, Space Hawk, Bomb Squad, Vectron, Locomotion, or Donkey Kong Junior, to name a few.

Wow...Bomb Squad is a great game!

#28 1980gamer ONLINE  

1980gamer

Dragonstomper

• 846 posts

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:29 PM

The code, the code.  Figure out the code!

OH NO!

#29 BassGuitari ONLINE  

BassGuitari

Glorified Toaster

• 6,542 posts
  • Remember how bright the future used to look?

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:01 PM

Just not my kind of game. :)

#30 1980gamer ONLINE  

1980gamer

Dragonstomper

• 846 posts

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:07 PM

Just not my kind of game. :)

I get that!  I think I am the only one here that doesn't like AD&D. 

#31 Atari PAC-MAN Fan OFFLINE  

Atari PAC-MAN Fan

Moonsweeper

• 263 posts

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:22 PM

OH NO!

"It won't be easy! Replace this third, this fourth, this second, this first."

Edited by Atari PAC-MAN Fan, Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:23 PM.

#32 fdr4prez ONLINE  

fdr4prez

Stargunner

• 1,627 posts

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:24 PM

OH NO!

am I the only one who says this, either out loud or in my head, whenever you need to type in any kind of passcode, or password, or fiddle with a combination lock?

I'll even hear a "they'll never do it in time!" pop into my head if I type in a wrong password hoping my account doesn't get locked out before I can guess it correctly.... Stupid IT people...

#33 DZ-Jay OFFLINE  

DZ-Jay

Quadrunner

• 10,722 posts
  • Triple-Stripe Mo' Bro

Posted Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:05 AM

am I the only one who says this, either out loud or in my head, whenever you need to type in any kind of passcode, or password, or fiddle with a combination lock?

I'll even hear a "they'll never do it in time!" pop into my head if I type in a wrong password hoping my account doesn't get locked out before I can guess it correctly.... Stupid IT people...

Hahaha! Nope!  I do that too.  Also, when someone in a movie says something like "we need to figure out this code..." I tend to respond with "the code! the code! figure out the code!" in my best Bomb Squad impression.  :lol:

#34 fdr4prez ONLINE  

fdr4prez

Stargunner

• 1,627 posts

Posted Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:29 AM

Hahaha! Nope!  I do that too.  Also, when someone in a movie says something like "we need to figure out this code..." I tend to respond with "the code! the code! figure out the code!" in my best Bomb Squad impression.  :lol:

Sweet, glad to hear that I am not alone.

When driving and I get temporarily blinded by the sun, or a high beam, etc, I pull out a "I can't see 'em..." followed "stay on target..."

Anyone?

#35 DZ-Jay OFFLINE  

DZ-Jay

Quadrunner

• 10,722 posts
  • Triple-Stripe Mo' Bro

Posted Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:38 AM

When driving and I get temporarily blinded by the sun, or a high beam, etc, I pull out a "I can't see 'em..." followed "stay on target..."

Anyone?

Hmmm this is getting weird.:lol:

Whenever I give directions to my wife or a friend who is driving, instead of saying "go straight," I typically say "stay on target..." "stay on target..." Followed eventually by "... they came... from... behind!"

#36 wongojack OFFLINE  

wongojack

River Patroller

• 2,798 posts

Posted Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:15 AM

Anyone?

"Stay on Target" definitely comes up in my house all the f'ing time.  I can't NOT say it.

#37 Lathe26 OFFLINE  

Lathe26

River Patroller

• 3,509 posts

Posted Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:20 AM

My go-to-phrase occurs when I'm asked "What do you need?"

"I need a droid who understands the binary language of moist vaporators.  Vaporators? Sir, my first job was programming binary load lifters..." and on and on

#38 fdr4prez ONLINE  

fdr4prez

Stargunner

• 1,627 posts

Posted Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:59 AM

When I run out of gas in my lawnmower, I tend to exclaim, "did you hear that?  they've shut down the main reactor; we'll be destroyed for sure...this is madness!!!"

And when I burn food, or even burn up an electrical component on a board, who doesn't scream "No disintegrations!"?

Now back to more Inty based catchphrases... I've previously had my older laptops saying "hello commander, computer reporting" during boot, and it would say, "the battle is over" during shutdown...  I need to find these snippets again and add these to my current laptop.

#39 mr_me OFFLINE  

mr_me

River Patroller

• 2,762 posts

Posted Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:16 PM

When I run out of gas in my lawnmower, I tend to exclaim, "did you hear that?  they've shut down the main reactor; we'll be destroyed for sure...this is madness!!!"

And when I burn food, or even burn up an electrical component on a board, who doesn't scream "No disintegrations!"?

Now back to more Inty based catchphrases... I've previously had my older laptops saying "hello commander, computer reporting" during boot, and it would say, "the battle is over" during shutdown...  I need to find these snippets again and add these to my current laptop.

If you add the -Vxxxx switch to jzintv it will write a wav file for each intellivoice phrase  Each wav filename prefixed with xxxx.  You do have to play the game and get to all the phrases.

#40 fdr4prez ONLINE  

fdr4prez

Stargunner

• 1,627 posts

Posted Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:28 PM

If you add the -Vxxxx switch to jzintv it will write a wav file for each intellivoice phrase  Each wav filename prefixed with xxxx.  You do have to play the game and get to all the phrases.

Thanks.

That'll save me the time from digging around on my home computer looking for these files.

Space Spartan is one of my "go to" games, so it's no trouble for me to play it again, and again, and again....

#41 vprette OFFLINE  

vprette

Stargunner

• 1,480 posts

Posted Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:22 AM

maze a tron was a big disappointment to me, but I know someone like it

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: intellivision, bad games

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users