Photo

Montezuma's Revenge - no black screen "hack"?

4 replies to this topic

#1 rcgldr OFFLINE  

rcgldr

Chopper Commander

• 111 posts

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:18 AM

Since I've seen a few youtube videos of this. Some of the level screens are completely black, and it's not until you get a game over that you see a partially lit map of that level. Is there a hacked version of Montezuma's Revenge where the levels with black screens have been patched to show these black levels like normal levels?

Edited by rcgldr, Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:19 AM.

#2 Rybags ONLINE  

Rybags

Quadrunner

• 15,760 posts

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:38 AM

Probably not.  If someone was to put such effort in for such reverse-engineering then they may as well go the extra bit and fix the game to be completable (talking original, not the rubbish that got released on cartridge).

#3 H.E.R.O. OFFLINE  

H.E.R.O.

Moonsweeper

• 299 posts
  • New leader of the Bungeling Empire

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:13 AM

You need to find the torch in order to illuminate the 'black screens'. You are talking where you only see your character, the enemies & the lasers, yes? 

#4 rcgldr OFFLINE  

rcgldr

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 111 posts

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:54 AM

You need to find the torch in order to illuminate the 'black screens'. You are talking where you only see your character, the enemies & the lasers, yes? 

That's what I was thinking when I played it, but the youtube videos show the players getting through the black levels by memorizing where the gaps and ladders are.

#5 WIZZARD77 OFFLINE  

WIZZARD77

Moonsweeper

• 256 posts

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:42 PM

I used to be able to do that. Now the only section I remember is the left path to the first torch. I was testing all the roms to see which one wasn't glitched. The only one that worked correctly was the .atr disk version.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users