IGNORED

Is your TI-99/4A's den or game room a disaster area?

Omega-TI

Your TI Game Room  

31 members have voted

1. 1. When it comes to your TI-99/4A's game room.

• It's clean, well organized, and even dusted on a regular basis.
    • It's clean and somewhat organized, but not dusted.
    • It's somewhat clean, but not organized or even dusted.
    • It's a complete mess.
    • It's so bad I need a shovel to find the floor.
    • It's an anonymous poll, but even in secrecy I don't want to admit how bad it is.
  2. 2. If you answered other #1 in the previous question...

• I'll start cleaning it NOW.
    • I'll think about cleaning it in a couple of days.
    • I'll never clean it, it's too much work.
    • I answered selection #1 in the previous question, so it's all good.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

hehe- my TI stuff occupies a small corner of our bedroom. I try to keep it as neat as I can mostly because it bugs me if I don't- though my cassette recorder is in dire need of dusting.

'Dire need'?

Compressed air or the brush on the vacuum cleaner followed by lot's and lots of damp Q-Tips for all the nooks and crannys works.

gallery_35324_1027_6696.jpg

I've been looking for a dust cover for my program recorder for over a year now.... (sigh)

• Like 1

'Dire need'?

Compressed air or the brush on the vacuum cleaner followed by lot's and lots of damp Q-Tips for all the nooks and crannys works.

gallery_35324_1027_6696.jpg

I've been looking for a dust cover for my program recorder for over a year now.... (sigh)

lol- the deal is that my recorder is behind my TI console but under a small wire shelf. my desk is kinda small and i had to 'stack' to accommodate everything. I've just been lazy and dusted everything *except* the recorder ;)

@Opry99er: That is a very nice setup! Something I always wanted, but never achieved.

@Vorticon: That is an awesome photo! I feel like I'm playing an "I Spy" game. ;-) I spy: a logic analyzer, an o-scope, a Commodore 128D, a hot-air station, a Radio Shack Armatron, a rotary tool, a project on a breadboard, a PCB stand, a adjustable power supply, a sig-gen, a Heathkit Hero (obvious), a box of etched PCBs and copper clads, LEGO Mindstorms, a video converter, a BBC-Micro (perhaps?), a 120-220 transformer, a Heathkit CPU trainer, a Virtual Boy, an eprom programmer, and more... :-)

My space looks like Vorticon's, but worse!

• Like 2

I would agree if I had any sort of organization to the mess. I have lots of storage, I just need to start using it. But for some reason I keep prioritizing hardware projects over organization activities.

All those consoles are in various states of not working, cosmetically sad (beat to hell, it is amazing what people seem to be able to do to computers), etc. One day very soon I will be taking them all apart, testing each major component, and reassembling as many good consoles as possible. The consoles will be sold / donated, and the remaining working parts will also be donated / sold.

• Like 1

@Opry99er: That is a very nice setup! Something I always wanted, but never achieved.

@Vorticon: That is an awesome photo! I feel like I'm playing an "I Spy" game. ;-) I spy: a logic analyzer, an o-scope, a Commodore 128D, a hot-air station, a Radio Shack Armatron, a rotary tool, a project on a breadboard, a PCB stand, a adjustable power supply, a sig-gen, a Heathkit Hero (obvious), a box of etched PCBs and copper clads, LEGO Mindstorms, a video converter, a BBC-Micro (perhaps?), a 120-220 transformer, a Heathkit CPU trainer, a Virtual Boy, an eprom programmer, and more... :-)

My space looks like Vorticon's, but worse!

Damn you're good! And yes it is a BBC Master computer :) No wonder I can't stay focused on a project for too long - way too many distractions!