IGNORED

Gotek?

Opry99er

I guess I'm kind of wondering the best way to set it up... can you swap virtual disks on the fly, or is it more effectively set up as one giant disk with a massive capacity?

Does the TRS do much direct sector access, or is TRSDOS more file-based?

A TIPI-like solution would be nice too.

I've been eyeing the various options (as well as their prices) over the past couple of years like the MISE, FreHD and the HxC. One of these days I just might pull the trigger, but after experiencing the TIPI on the TI with it's WiFi and storage ability, I'm thinking a variant for the Mode III & 4 would be neat.

Not sure how interfacing would be accomplished for ALL machines though as many TRS-80's came without RS-232's.

For the Gotek on a TRS-80, this would be a perfect 3D printer application for the drive bay!

The M3SE is pretty damned close...

Yes, it has wired Ethernet and even an option to use a modern monitor which I like, but man, the price is like... astronomical. When I last checked the M3SE was going for around $300.00. To me that is kind of spendy, especially since I'll need to get the TRS-80 too. I'm patient, if an RPi based alternative ever hits the market at a more reasonable price, I may finally get back into the TRS-80.

In the end, no matter how much I like something, the price-to-benefit-to-enjoyment/usefulness ratio is always a deciding factor.

It's a floppy disk emulator you swap disks just like a physical drive just instead of remove disk you just select another image

I am not aware of any sugart interface drives for the trs80 that are larger than a floppy disk. The stock controller is not capable of handling that.

There are hard disk setups for the trs80 that are more expensive and use the expansion port to connect their own controllers

I guess I'm kind of wondering the best way to set it up... can you swap virtual disks on the fly, or is it more effectively set up as one giant disk with a massive capacity?

Does the TRS do much direct sector access, or is TRSDOS more file-based?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk