Photo

Well I WAS interested in buying stuff from you BUT..

7 replies to this topic

#1 Wyluli Wolf OFFLINE  

Wyluli Wolf

Moonsweeper

• 364 posts

Posted Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:28 AM

atari2600.JPG

Bummer as they had some Activision stuff I wanted but....

That combined with the message I sent to them regarding the error and received zero response.  I love it when folks ignore your messages.

*sigh   :thumbsdown:  :_(

Post your experiences ...

Edited by Wyluli Wolf, Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:53 PM.

#2 groundtrooper OFFLINE  

groundtrooper

Dragonstomper

• 543 posts
  • So many POKEY home brews. So few POKEY chips.

Posted Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:44 AM

That site has been defunct since 2012-2013. The owner for whatever reason refuses to take the "store" offline and continues to pay for hosting every year for what reason? I can't figure it out. 

The owner of this site sells exclusively on ebay now.

He has stuff that I would like to buy from his ebay store, but I refuse to give him a dime because of his shady practice of leaving his defunct store online and not returning emails. 

I ran into the same issue as you did about 2 years ago. 

This comes up about every other month. Someone just posted about it a couple of weeks ago in the AAFB group

#3 Wyluli Wolf OFFLINE  

Wyluli Wolf

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 364 posts

Posted Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:19 PM

That is extremely shady.  Thanks for the heads up on eBay.  Always good to know who your dealing with (or not dealing with).

#4 groundtrooper OFFLINE  

groundtrooper

Dragonstomper

• 543 posts

Posted Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:29 PM

That is extremely shady.  Thanks for the heads up on eBay.  Always good to know who your dealing with (or not dealing with).

No problem. When I stumbled upon the site I had my doubts when I was looking for 7800 Ballblazers and they were listed $7.95. I loaded up an $150.00 cart with all sorts of stuff I was looking for, only to not be able to check out and process my credit card. 

I sent 2 - 3 emails that went unanswered. I was about to just mail a letter because the store address listed on the site, is about 50 miles across town from me. (it was a UPS Store box) But I decided to ask here first. And I got the same disappointing news. I was told that they used to be very legit. And then a change took place the site became neglected and eventually abandoned. 

#5 OLD CS1 OFFLINE  

OLD CS1

Technomancer

• 5,371 posts
  • Technology Samurai

Posted Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:38 PM

Thanks for the eBay link. His prices do not look terrible.

#6 groundtrooper OFFLINE  

groundtrooper

Dragonstomper

• 543 posts

Posted Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:48 PM

Thanks for the eBay link. His prices do not look terrible.

No problem. I hesitated in sharing, I don't want to give this shyster any business because of his abandoned store. but that's your choice. 

#7 icemanxp300 ONLINE  

icemanxp300

River Patroller

• 4,695 posts

Posted Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:47 PM

Last year I tried to buy about 200 common genesis games from this site last year.

https://www.playersc...videogames.com/

The shipping they wanted to charge me was over $200!! I was like wtf.

Granted the system is set-up to do $4.95 plus $1 for each item.

I estimated it would be like $50 to ship to me. I contacted via facebook and all they would do was knock off $50. They still wanted to charge me $150 to ship. I cleared my cart and have not gone back.

#8 sixersfan105 OFFLINE  

sixersfan105

Dragonstomper

• 511 posts

Posted Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:42 PM

At least the site does not let you complete a transaction. In July of 2016, I placed an order successfully on AtariGuide.com via PayPal and nothing ever shipped, so I had to file a claim to get my money back. The AtariGuide guy, Jason, is just as awful as Atari2600.com! I will say, though, his replacement 7800 PSUs are pretty legit and can be purchased on eBay and Amazon - I just make sure I am not buying from him directly lol

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users