IGNORED

Switch Speaker Blown

Recycled

A few weeks ago playing my Switch in handheld mode, the sound got fuzzy and distorted. I haven't sent it in yet for repair since it's still under warranty. I play it too much and it's hard to give it up. I'll ship it soon. Anybody else have any experience sending their Switch in for repairs?

• 2 weeks later...

I had to send mine in. It got jacked up just a little after it went out of warranty. NOA is hit and miss on such things being covered or not, and with it being a new system then they did a not on me, but I did get a price reduction.

I wasn't without it for very long and unlike them being kind of shitty with my WiiU that they bricked on a bad update, I was pleased this go around. While the WiiU was shipped back as a replacement system which the black shell was scratched to hell over, the Switch was a far better job. I kept my original sticker or perhaps body (I think it was a sticker transfer) and the system arrived as spotless as it was when it left my hands as far as wear signs go. My system ended up with kid influence getting some warping damage to it where the left joycon got popped off its rail and the system was bent/warped a bit like a lasagna noodle kind of. I mean it did work fine, but that couldn't help for keeping in happy in the dock or heat mitigation either. I think it was gone less than 10 days from when I shipped it to return as they were pretty fast about it. They very well packaged it all up in a very nice box with various bags, foam, and lots of packing materials.

• Like 1

Care to share your experience (what happened?)?

My Switch was one with a screen that wasn't flush on one side. When I got it back, it was flush on the actual side that wasn't before, but it still wasn't flush on the bottom on that side, if you can picture that. So they did like half of it. It still kind of bulges out from the case on the bottom nearer the right side.

Also, I sent them a 100% pristine unit, and when I got it back, it had a bunch of scratches all over the back, like whoever had fixed it didn't use any sort of padding underneath when working on it. They weren't deep or all that noticeable, but it just pissed me off that I sent them a 100% scratchless, mint unit and it was no longer in that condition when I got it back.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Also started having that left joycon drift problem. Shipped it a week ago. They got it a few days ago, but haven't started the repair work on it yet. Hopefully it turns out ok. I'd like to get a few more years out of the thing....especially since I've only had it since February.