IGNORED

DoctorSpuds Reviews Things - Warplock

RSS Bot

This game is just plain awful. Game-play , sounds, and graphics are just plain awful. I will attempt to make it more clear in this review just how this game sucks. Data Age weren't known for making the best games, or even average games, in fact they mostly made crap. Games like Sssnake, Bugs, Airlock, and Journey: Escape, tend to be on the bottom of the barrel when it comes collecting, apart from Frankenstein's Monster, for some reason that game has gotten rather expensive. But despite all of this Warplock is probably the worst game ever put out by Data Age. So without further ado, let's get traumatized...

The graphics in this game suck... So very much... There are around four different enemy ships, all of them are single color eight pixel by four pixel messes that barely resemble spacecraft. There is a very basic star-field for the background, which is not very impressive when you take into consideration the graphical fidelity of the rest of the game. IT'S JUST GARBAGE!!

The sounds are the worst thing about this game, there is a constant guttural pulsating noise that just keeps playing over and over, faster and faster as you score more points, you also have the sound of you ship firing and a very disappointing explosion noise. That's it!! That's all folks!!! I'm at the end of my tether and I haven't even gotten to the game-play yet.

Game-play sucks as well. You move around the bottom of the screen on a fixed line moving with the paddle controllers. You might think that with the paddle controllers will introduce some much needed fluidity to the controls, thankfully they do, but that little ray of sunshine is swallowed up by the horrible abomination that is the rest of this game. This game more so resembles a DVD screensaver, you know the thing that bounces around the screen, yeah that's basically how the enemies move around in this game, aimless bouncing. But once you hit eight or so points, another alien ship appears to make your day even more miserable. Once you hit 15 points (The manual says sixteen but it's actually fifteen) one of the alien ships starts shooting back at you while hanging around on the top of the screen. The difficulty does scale well, but that doesn't help when your game is one of the worst things I have ever laid my eyes on! IT"S AWFUL!!!

This game sucks! Don't play it! Whatever you do stay away from this game, FAR AWAY!!

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/729/entry-14788-warplock/