IGNORED

Has anyone on here tried out Philia - The Sequel to Elansar?

UHATEIT

I bought the Elansar game and really enjoyed that on the Jaguar CD. I am interested in the sequel and wanted to gauge some opinions if anyone else on here has purchased it ($6 European on Orion's site) and if they thought it was a good game or not.

I'm definitely about it for the price! I enjoyed Elansar it was nice since I was a fan of Myst as well and it is similar. I was gauging tho if anyone else had played it and enjoyed the game. Any game for the Jaguar is fine by me even if it's bad but I am curious if anyone has tried it and found it fun. From the pics the graphics look quite nice to me!

I can confirm what was said above (I beta-tested the game during development). If you liked Elansar you'll like it, it's similar but with more puzzles and other improvements.

It's indeed a bit harder too, but I still managed to finish it with no help. All of the puzzles have reasonable solutions (unlike some other games in that genre).

• Like 2

I have not played Elansar but I have Phillia, I have not finished it as I have not had much time to play it but I have not found the puzzles I have encountered so far overly difficult. If anything perhaps they are little too easy (not as challenging as MYST) but then I do cryptic crosswords so I am used to solving clues, and I appreciate it is hard for the programmer to know what others may find easy/difficult and thus determine the correct level to make them challenging enough so that the game cannot be finished in 5 minutes but not so difficult that it cannot be completed.

I did find some of the objects I had to locate to solve an early puzzle difficult to find as to me one of them did not necessarily look as I was expecting/only visible when approaching them from a certain direction, which was a little frustrating but once you know generally where to look you will eventually find it.

Overall I like it and have IIRC have reached a sort of fort thing. I do not know how far into the game that is but I am personally hoping the puzzles will become more challenging as the game progresses, if you enjoy MYST and/or Elansar you should like it and for the price you indicated it is worth getting anyway as you have not lost much if you subsequently find that you don't like it.

Edited by Stephen Moss

I am playing it right now and already messed up once. The CD froze and I guess it restarted the game back to my last save point, which I guess is when you press "OPTION" but when you hit option it doesn't tell you it's saving anything so I've just been pressing it a bunch of times during the game now!

I suck at Myst style games, but this one's well put together and a step up from Elansar.

Plus I'll buy any game that has my name in the credits. :D

I did see your name as the person who donated the "memory track" to enable the save feature. When it froze during gameplay it didn't save anything so I guess I needed to hit OPTION a bunch through the game to get it to save where I was last at. it just doesn't tell you that anything is saved when you press the button.

I also saw Zerosquare in the credits as well.

Thanks to the "speedrun walkthrough" on youtube for sure otherwise I would have been super lost! I forgot the yellow stick and had to go back for it to get the rainbow color box to work and the part with the brain kicked my ass and reset after I hit something. But I was able to beat it!