IGNORED

vote for the game you would like to see on intellivision

vprette

I want this game for Intellivision:  

48 members have voted

1. 1. select games you like

• Joust
    • Uridium
    • Space invaders (closer to arcade, not space armada)
    • Scramble
    • Bust a move / puzzle bubble
    • Bruce lee c64
    • Hero (activision)
    • galaxians
    • yars revenge
    • tempest
    • pitfall II
    • Karateka
    • International soccer c64
    • nebolous
    • gridrunner
    • karate champ
    • way of exploding fist
    • qix
    • a moto racer game of Tron
    • enduro (activision)
    • pooyan
    • dodge em
    • jungle hunt
    • lemans c64
    • utopia 2
  2. 2. more games to choice

• star castle
    • Jam it (homebrew c64)
    • battlezone
    • berzerk
    • cosmic ark
    • ghost n goblins (I ask too much?)
    • donkey kong 3
    • beamrider 2
    • little computer people
    • gorf
    • wizard of wor
    • star wars arcade
    • wing wars imagic
    • dam buster
    • spy hunter
    • marble madness
    • activision decathlon
    • pitstop II
    • archon
    • impossible mission
    • barbarian
    • maniac mansion
    • e.t.
    • dragonstomper
    • zenji
  3. 3. and some more...

• buggy boy
    • tapper
    • elevator action
    • pipemania
    • dropzone
    • fire fighter imagic
    • riddle of sphinx imagic
    • laser gates imagic
    • stay frosty homebrew
    • assembloids homebrew
    • pengo
    • buck rogers
    • one on one
    • klax
    • another world
    • any star trek game!
    • bomb jack
    • any donald duck game!

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I try to collect here several info & comments I red around the forum about doable games and adding of corse a bunch of games that I personally like and I hope sometime in the future will be considered on this platform.

this is just for fun but useful for publishers and maybe for rookie programmers in search of inspiration

I let it multiselection, d'ont click all games like me :-)

for each game, that would be interesting to express opinion about it being doable or not

Edited by vprette
  • Like 2

I would love to see Spy Hunter on Intellivision! I know I asked about the possibility in some other thread a while back. More than one programmer there said they thought it was doable. The music alone would be pretty sweet to hear coming from an Inty console, lol.

• Like 1

I'd like to see games that don't require a lot of repetitive firing on the Intellivision. ;)

We could use another adventure game for the console but that may be addressed by the upcoming releases of Minstrel's Legend and Defenders of the Crown. I'd still love to see another chapter in the rich Dungeons & Dragons Intellivision series.

• Like 2

I would love to see Spy Hunter on Intellivision! I know I asked about the possibility in some other thread a while back. More than one programmer there said they thought it was doable. The music alone would be pretty sweet to hear coming from an Inty console, lol.

A very early rendering of the music already is out there:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/262384-intellivision-spy-hunter/?p=3700825

(and yes, I still think the fleshed out Spy Hunter-ish game I described in post 33 would be a very interesting addition to the library, even if it would not be an exact port of the original game)

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 1

C-64 games....

One on One

Two on Two GBA Great dunk animations!

The problem with all these great games.... they already exist for the systems they were intended for.

How about some new original games? Utopia 2 could be interesting? 1 player with more items (roads, trains etc. )

what about spy vs, spy?

i always liked it and i guess it will suit

1980 gamer, yes i do like the idea of an utopia 2, as one can see it's rated well.

erm, wouldn't it be sad to play i.e. elite only on an bbc acorn just because it was intentionally made for/on it?

do you play "space wars" also on the "original" machine it was written for in 1964? (if you play it at all).

never it was the idea of software that it's bound to a piece of stinking hardware, it likes to be unbound that's why it's written code.

just a couple of instructions and some maths and "for the first time machine served man and not vice versa" - space warz - goddammit.

a piece of code, later a single side of basic and the idea was i can play it on any machine i have access to.

just because i don't understand why any game should be reserved for a special platform.

"fascinating, i type in a couple of numbers in a text editor and the result is a 3d model"

a friend of mine posted this once after i showed him how easy that is (can be).

i can do this on any machine.

but well that's my opinion, to me it doesn't matters much on what hardware, i like to play that's all.

("i like to play that's all" phew i have made some bad experiences with this expression).

of course i do understand that some might not see the sense in playing i.e. an invaders on an emulated inty if you can play anytime you like the coin-op at home.

obviousely this is pure nostalgia in my case, i always liked the intellivision most.

but neither i ever understood this debate about which system/platform is superior, if i liked to play a certain game then i bought me the respective machine.

if you drive no automobile you have a lot of spare money to spend for entertainment, at least i had.

i never was what is labelled fanboy, i like to play that's all.

in my "best times" that was when my stepson was aged about 10 i had many machines running, from (the inty was unfortunately broken since long) my a500, sega master system, snes, a pc (or two), the a4000, cd32, a playstation, later gemecube, n64 ps2, everything was floating around in our living room.

neither it had to be new, a used one with some games was usually my choice, i like to play that's all.

of course i have preferences like the intellivision or the amiga(s), but like i said pure nostalgia.

(that space vessel in the upper left corner is also quite nostalgic, not only because of it's age

to be honest without a speechy script language i couldn't have made it (that's not true gernot), but it's imo a cool advantage we have today since the machines are fast enough to support such).

Edited by Gernot
  • Like 1

A very early rendering of the music already is out there:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/262384-intellivision-spy-hunter/?p=3700825

(and yes, I still think the fleshed out Spy Hunter-ish game I described in post 33 would be a very interesting addition to the library, even if it would not be an exact port of the original game)

Thanks for posting that link. I had forgot that I started a thread on the subject, lol.

GroovyBee seemed to think it had some merit and you pointed out how the music could be done for the game. If Groovy and Rev team up to make it happen I'd buy the crap out of that game!!

what's on top of the list is the question.

recently commander jameson battles with prince valiant for domination.

either let's vaporize 'em or hand me my blade.

to be honest i had no idea what is Wizard of Wor, but already from reading a few lines about it i know it's a very good concept (competetion/coop).

tapper :) even this i never heard before, but yeah all in all it shows that we know what we like (beer!).

even as commander jameson i have to say wizord of wor seems to me the better choice.

i don't know this game and it makes me curious

scramblers we have in fact countless in even better variations as scramble itself.

i voted also for the quix thing, i like this game it's a computer only game, very good gameplay simple but addictive, while in fact a tron-cycle or even thin ice don't differ much but are more pleasing to play, disco as well i liked the coin-op much.

tron in "3d"? or all souped up in one?

Edited by Gernot

C.P.U. Bach

i'm pretty sure i ran a ms-basic program with the same purpose in 1990, and it's for sure even older.

bachs style is far to obvious suitable to be generated, with or without 3D graphics and to be honest suitable even for a pure mechanical wooden device.

while it is for sure something interesting - procedural generated music.

we should have stayed to this idea for pioneer, it's different.

likewise generated graphics needs an artist to be really good as well generated music needs an artist who will make it to something really good.

Edited by Gernot

Joust would be... painful.

Yeah, I love Joust, but I cringe at the thought having to press that Action Button repeatedly on the Intellivision hand-controller. :skull:

Marble Madness could control like a dream though.

You would think, except that the way I see the hand-controller disc being programmed in recent home-brews, it appears nobody gives much attention to physics or input dynamics and just polls the values directly from the disc.

-dZ.

• Like 1

I'm not sure DZ. I've never seen Jumpman jr, but if it is I'd definitely like to play it. I'm going to check it out.

I mentioned it because Intellivision Revolution is publishing JumpKing which is a clone of that clone.

-dZ.